Ram SRT-10

adams2003

Well yesterday I went to the Dodge dealership and traded in my ss for the new dodge ram srt-10.

No just messing with you guys, seriously I would never do that.

Anyways my dad is is looking for a new truck, he really really likes my ss, but he doesn't like the idea of doing a whole bunch of mods to a car or truck and he's a speed demon like me. He likes straight out of the box power. Plus he doesnt need a truck to seat 5 people and doesn't need awd to pull anything ( he has two other trucks). He has a 350z right now that he will be selling or trading in for his new truck. He like's the z and he was thinking about getting the new c6, but he doesnt like small cars. He like's going fast in something thats a little bigger, sits a little higher and is a little safer. So we went and looked at the Ford lightings and the Dodge Ram SRT-10's yesterday. I now you guys are saying how could I let him go there. Well he called me and said he was going to look and asked if I wanted to go, so I just went with him. First we looked at the lightning. Its a nice truck but its kinda plane looking. Then we looked at the srt-10. I have to say that it is one badass truck. I had seen one before with Cody (56chevywagon), we stopped to mess with the guys at the dealership. Cody told the guy he would never trade a chevy for a dodge :lol: , the guy got pissed. The looks of the truck is great, it has a real aggressive look to it. And it sure did sound good with that viper engine in it, but wait till u guys here this. Sticker was $71,000 on it :eek: They had it marked up $25,000. We later found some at other dealerships for $45,000. He really likes the truck and is thinking about getting one. And even though its a dodge its one hell of a truck, and I cant wait to do some sick burnouts in it if he gets it. If he does get it ill will definately gets some videos up here of us running against eachother. I now ill take him if he leaves it stock, but that truck is easily capable of 12's with some minor upgrades.

And yes I now I have previously nocked the srt-10 pretty hard on here, but after seing it and doing some more research on it its definately a nice truck.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See, one more reason Chevy should make a regular cab SS!! :chevy:

I've checked out that Dodge Ram SRT-10 a couple of times too. It's a beast.

Big ole bus shifter, but it went through the gears pretty good (sitting still - haven't driven one). The cab is huge. I'm not a big fan of the front fascia, I prefer the body color front bumper of the normal ones. Like the one below but add the ram air hood. Overall I like it, but $45K is tough to pay for summer only vehicle. I'm glad it doesn't have an automatic, because I wouldn't trust it to last.

One last thing, its available in SILVER ! there's a concept :eek:

112_0401_first_srt01_l.jpg

WKA2002100246724_pv.jpg

Until recently I had only read estimates, but I found some real times for 60 and the 1/4 mile

Max horsepower @ rpm 500 @ 5600

Max torque @ rpm 525 @ 4200

0-60 mph, sec 5.2

1/4 mile, sec @ mph 13.86 @ 101.49

-edit-

Ooo looky! I'm a veteran!

See, one more reason Chevy should make a regular cab SS!! :chevy:

I've checked out that Dodge Ram SRT-10 a couple of times too. It's a beast.

Big ole bus shifter, but it went through the gears pretty good (sitting still - haven't driven one). The cab is huge. I'm not a big fan of the front fascia, I prefer the body color front bumper of the normal ones. Like the one below but add the ram air hood. Overall I like it, but $45K is tough to pay for summer only vehicle. I'm glad it doesn't have an automatic, because I wouldn't trust it to last.

One last thing, its available in SILVER ! there's a concept :eek:

112_0401_first_srt01_l.jpg

WKA2002100246724_pv.jpg

Until recently I had only read estimates, but I found some real times for 60 and the 1/4 mile

Max horsepower @ rpm 500 @ 5600

Max torque @ rpm 525 @ 4200

0-60 mph, sec 5.2

1/4 mile, sec @ mph 13.86 @ 101.49

-edit-

Ooo looky! I'm a veteran!

Out here in california hell be able to drive it year around. I agree that silver is the best looking color.

Its been tested in different magazines for alot of different times.

Some have tested it at 13.8, but ive also seen it tested at 13.6 and even 13.19 @107mph. The times on it are gonna be much more spread out than the ss.

it's hard to knock 505 cubic inches with a 6 speed. i also agree being the anti-chrysler guy that i am, that is one bad ass looking truck.

I didn't realize how massive those engines are until I seen it up close.

I just wish that GM had the sack to make a truck like this, and put it to market. Everybody else has a "super truck", why not GM??? What is so hard making a reg cab, 450hp Silverado SS?? I'm not a Ford fan at all, but I do respect them for the Lightning, Dodge has the SRT/10 Ram. I mean c'on, if GM had the Lightning or an SRT/10 Silverado, we'd all be happy, and say the "GM rules."

There was a SRT10 sitting in my neighbors driveway one day. I have to say, it is the best looking ram I have seen, but I am not a big fan on the new front ends. I still love my SS and wouldn't trade it in for one.

a friend of mine was looking at picking up one of those. but the dealer was such a SUPERD*%K that they wouldn't even let him sit in the thing. the apperantly didn't think that he had the money, they didn't want to waste their time.

he ended up putting money down on a new vette...better choice IMO he already has a truck.

a friend of mine was looking at picking up one of those. but the dealer was such a SUPERD*%K that they wouldn't even let him sit in the thing. the apperantly didn't think that he had the money, they didn't want to waste their time.

he ended up putting money down on a new vette...better choice IMO he already has a truck.

Did he go lay a patch of rubber at the Dodge dealer in his new vette?

:devil:

Dealers :rolleyes: I tell you what.

I wish ordering online took off like I thought it was going to.

Archived