Dyno with Front Drive Shaft taken off

OK guys, I have been to 2 places now to get my truck dyno'd without success. The first place (Mustang Dyno) did'nt have there set up done, the second did not have the correct adapter to run my truck.

I know the guys over at Speed Inc.. They are willing to dyno my truck, but I must take off the front drive shaft. Talking to all the GM guys the warn me not to do this it could result in future problems.

But I have seen many of you that have done this, have you had any problems with removing the front drive shaft.

My next step is cam/heads/header/torque converter/shift Kit. But I really would like to see some progress steps before I start to do these modifications.

Please share your experiences.

Thanks,

Jeff

Close to having and AWD Dyno set up in the DC Area. Its a far drive but all four would be rolling on the drums. Should be done middle of May. I wouldn't remove the drive shaft but thats just me, I don't think it would damage the transfer case but you never know.

OK guys, I have been to 2 places now to get my truck dyno'd without success. The first place (Mustang Dyno) did'nt have there set up done, the second did not have the correct adapter to run my truck.

I know the guys over at Speed Inc.. They are willing to dyno my truck, but I must take off the front drive shaft. Talking to all the GM guys the warn me not to do this it could result in future problems.

But I have seen many of you that have done this, have you had any problems with removing the front drive shaft.

My next step is cam/heads/header/torque converter/shift Kit. But I really would like to see some progress steps before I start to do these modifications.

Please share your experiences.

Thanks,

Jeff

So far, a few have taken the shaft out, and haven't had troubles. On the other hand, I wouldn't do 10 back to back pulls either. :uhoh:

I wouldn't remove the front shaft either. Although the system is capable of transfering up to 100% of the power to one axle or the other...I don't think it's designed to handle multiple full power dyno runs in, what was it..... "shear or hump" mode?

Besides...you screw up that transfer case....your buying a new one....I understand it can not be repaired/calibrated by anyone by NVG.

• 2 weeks later...

So no new news on weather or not this is going to be detrimental in the long run??

Want to make sure I should still make my pulls I have planned on the 22nd pf May.

PCMFORLESS, and info on this I was under the impression you also made dyno runs with the front shaft pulled??

I have made almost 10 pulls with no ill effects at all. I have since towed my 7500 LB car trailer over 500 miles with no problems.

We have an 02 Escalde that through it's levels of mods along the way has run almost 40 pulls with no ill effects.

Bryan

Archived