2009 Power Tour

• 3 weeks later...
We'll be doing the Long Haul

It's an absolute blast even if you do just a couple of stops :driving:

How does it work? I assume there is a car show at every stop. Or is that just on the weekend stops?Does everyone jump in their car after the show and drive to the next stop? I might do the first weekend or a little more. I just don't want to sit around at car shows 7 days in a row if that's all it is.

last year they came thru Iowa and stopped in Ames Iowa.. good stuff man.. did not get to go on the tour, but got to go up and visit the stop and see the vendors.. get there early.. Fast4popper and I met the Pro charger guys.. good bunch, talke to them at show and then when we got back to dsm.. 30 min away, we saw the trailer and went got Chris's SS to get pic in front of trailer and they were coming back from dinner, we stood out there and talked for about 1-2 hours about Pro-charger, our trucks and etc.. good group of guys !! :thumbs:

How does it work? I assume there is a car show at every stop. Or is that just on the weekend stops?Does everyone jump in their car after the show and drive to the next stop? I might do the first weekend or a little more. I just don't want to sit around at car shows 7 days in a row if that's all it is.

You'll be in a different city/town each night. Each morning you'll leave for the next town (can you say road trip :driving: ) They meet @ the previous night's venue and leave from there after the daily driver's meeting where they'll update any road conditions,construction delays, closures etc. Going to the driver meetings adds a lot of waiting time to get out on the road each day, but you'll be traveling with a large group of hot rodders :drool:

You can strike out on your own as you'll have directions provided to each stop. They use a lot of US/state highways rather than interstates. This will get you to the next town earlier and watch everybody as they arrive or allow you more time to sightsee along the way if you so desire. I recommend going to at least the first driver's meeting so you can get an idea of what's going on and traveling with a large group of like minded individuals. Lots of photo opportunities.

The car show is the end of the day. Then you can hang out in the parking lots until the wee hours of the morning...or until the beer runs out. Get up and do it again

The distance between stops is usually about 200-300 miles. It makes for a pretty full day each day

Hope I answered your questions well enough. :cheers:

Edited by hot rod truck (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

saw a show on tv from the 04 power rod tour with christopher titus. Looked fun as hell, just wished they swung up this yonder. Looks like we will have to have another Black Mass....