Safe Boost

I was wondering how much boost can I run safely on my stock LQ9. I just bought a procharger kit and will be installing in a week or so. Also if anyone has any tuning tips of help that would be greatly appreciated seeing how I will be doing the install myself. Thanks.

Do you have any experince tuning? i would recommend going with an custom tune from justin or wheatley if not. The install of the procharger ur self should be simple and pretty sure the basic kit only pushes 7-8 PSI.... somebody could chime in that has that kit.... that psi is safe. Some people on here are pushing more boost.

i am runnin 15ish. not stock tho.

as for stock, 7-8 will be fine. before you add more boost, add fuel, add tranny, add a GREAT TUNER, and do the extra things to prevent it. throwing a 7th and 8th rod out the block is expensive. (dont ask)

as for stock, 7-8 will be fine. before you add more boost, add fuel, add tranny, add a GREAT TUNER, and do the extra things to prevent it. throwing a 7th and 8th rod out the block is expensive. (dont ask)

hmm you got me beat i only threw number eight out i beleive if not number six, number seven just cracked the sleeve and possibly the block. And i am still looking for that vanishing piston.... :D

Thanks guys for the advice im already building up the tranny install tranny cooler,trasgo kit,corvett servo. Also have JBA headers, gibson exhaust, 160 stat. I see alot of people have a zippy tune. How would I go about getting a zippy tune? Anyone have any feedback procharger.

You would have to PM zippy for that he is a member here. You also have the choice of wheatly or justin...aka black bear.... both are vendors and should be on the left hand side of your screen while reading this... :D.....

As far as procharger.....its a little outdated but still good in for

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13056

I hear that! I blew #8 rod out the side of the block and blew #7 out the side of the oil pan on 13psi. :banghead:

12psi on pump gas seems to be the limit of safe with a good tune. I would start out with the 4" pulley that comes on it if you are getting a D1SC and you'll find it should make around 8-9psi. That should be a great safe start.

the limit of boost is actually not boost its everything that is part of the equation.

first and foremost you need you need a dead spot on tune!!!!! this will never be done by mailorder this has to be done in person. Next you need to run cool IATs, you need a cool running motor and good gas. Now you dont necessary need meth, i found out with running a mix of E85 my IATs dropped under boost just as they would with meth. i dropped 6* when using E85 while siting at 15psi.

I dyno'd at 15psi and made good numbers. my motor has seen 19psi and 25 psi on spikes and never had issues.

i shoot for a target of 10.8-11.3 AFR. for the extra ponies leaning it out is worth its not worth it in my eyes since ill just add more boost at a richer state.

to answer your question no one has found the true limit of these motors yet. Many are making 800rwhp, a few touched 900. Psi doesnt matter as much as you think. since PSI on this build isnt hte same as PSI on that build.

you need rock solid tune!!!!!!!!!!!!! 93 octane and right supporting mods and you could easily see big numbers....But be warned that at anypower level things can fail fast!!!

so to say i think my 15psi i run is safe and i been so for 3k worht of miles. and i spin as high as 7600...that has to say something for something

Thank you everyone for your responses. Does anyone have any suggestions on swapping out pulley's in the procharger P1SC. What is the stock pulley it comes with? If you have a procharger list your pulley size and what kind of psi your pushing. Thanks everyone.