Radix Driveability

I was looking through the events post, and a couple people mentioned that driving long distances(10, 11 hrs, etc) would be pushing it with a radix. I'm looking at the radix tvs 1900, but does this mean I can't drive more than a few hours at a time?? I don't go on long trips that often, but to florida once a year, maybe some Indycar races out of state, i don't want my reliability compromised by a supercharger. I fgured you guys would know better than anyone about this, so is this aconcern, or should I not worry? Thanks

I may have said something regarding this...

BUT.. it has nothing to do with the Radix.. It involves my tune. I would have to make the trip to KC with just a "roughed" in tune before Justin could really get a hold of it.

You can drive a Radix truck anywhere you want, anytime, for however long when tuned and set up right :thumbs:

That's new to me. I've had customers with them on 2500HD's towing for more than 20 hours straight. I'd think you could drive from Florida to Alaska without a problem.

Flordia to alaska.... whew dont get me started thats a hell of a drive there. I wouldnt be worried about your motor on trip, more like everything else. Having enough spare tires, Enough cans of gas. My exhaust busted loose on the trip, blew out two shocks... that yukon really beat the snot out of my truck.

I drove 10 hrs on my vortech i dont see why you couldnt drive it on the radix

it was on the second page of the kc meet. I thought that that was odd too, i didn't see any reason that uo couldn't drive normal with FI. :wtf:

You might have read my reply on the KC thread. I was not implying you can only drive certain distances. I was just saying that it is a long way to drive with a radix. I have a radix, but if i had the choice, i would drive the wifes TBSS before my supercharged Radix on a 12 hour drive. I should've been more specific. And this is only an opinion with a hundred reasons why i feel that way, none of them implying that it can't handle it.

No the Radix has no problem with distance. GM uses the Radix and TVS as OE equipment, you can bet your bottom dollar they won't fail you. In fact, Jason (MIDNIGHTRIDR) told me his Radix truck picked-up 2-mpg LOL so I would advise you drive long distances with a Radix!

Mr. P. :)

You might have read my reply on the KC thread. I was not implying you can only drive certain distances. I was just saying that it is a long way to drive with a radix. I have a radix, but if i had the choice, i would drive the wifes TBSS before my supercharged Radix on a 12 hour drive. I should've been more specific. And this is only an opinion with a hundred reasons why i feel that way, none of them implying that it can't handle it.

I know you were'nt implying anything, I am new to the radix's and was just wondering, that's all. I really want one though

I know you were'nt implying anything, I am new to the radix's and was just wondering, that's all. I really want one though

I'm new to it to, so not surprised i probably said something that made no sense :idiot: . Hope you like yours as much. Still trying to get used to it before i throw in a shot of nitrous.

I drive my truck everyday and I tow my 6000lb boat all over the US with average trips being 12 hours or more. I have put 110K on my truck and about 40K on the Radix. It is much nicer towing the boat now than when it was NA. I have had to replace a tranny and the front diff, but those are known to be less than ideal from the factory to begin with.

The only issue I have had with my kit was the intercooler surge tank was a little rickety for my taste. It never failed, but I made a new one.

Edited by DAVECS2 (see edit history)