Looks Like Royal Purple Got Call Out

shakesvho

Oh crap. I was going to change my oil this weekend too. Looks like a move to Mobil 1 is in order.

Nobody is saying RP is a bad product - just that they have not done enough recent testing to back-up their marketing claims. It's still got the API seal, they've just not done the legwork required to display the starburst symbol.

Mr. P.

Nobody is saying RP is a bad product - just that they have not done enough recent testing to back-up their marketing claims. It's still got the API seal, they've just not done the legwork required to display the starburst symbol.

Mr. P.

:withstupid: I'm stickin' with RP..

:withstupid: I'm stickin' with RP..

Same here! That article is just to proove that RP has exagerrated their claims of performance and mpg. No complaints here! I got 1 mpg more after just the engine oil swap....

Southwest Research is a serious reserch company. They are a big contributor to certifying the latest emissions engines for major diesel and gas engine companies. I have never been happy with RP. My engine temps are always higher and the motor seems louder. Mobile one is not fancy but it is what it says it is.