Project Excesss Has Begun!

excesss

Cam specs are: comp 214/220 duration 600/579 lift 117 lsa . As for which turbo I'm still kind of undecided. I think im going to go with the trick setup unless I learn something new between now and when I purchase. Especially since Livernois is no long making the kit.
niceee but one question....why is your intek lift higher than your exhaust lift?your gonna be boosted right?.....i thought when boosted you want exhaust lift higher than intek? Edited by blackbeast ss (see edit history)

niceee but one question....why is your intek lift higher than your exhaust lift?your gonna be boosted right?.....i thought when boosted you want exhaust lift higher than intek?

To be completely honest I'm ignorant with two particular things on vehicles that I am currently working on. Thats cams and suspension. Researching my lowering kit and installing it has really helped me fill my lack of knowledge on suspension but as for cams....

That's the cam my mechanic recommended so I can't answer your question. Anyone else out there have any knowledge they'd like to share?

275/40/20. Much smaller than I'd like but the only size available in the wheel I like is 8.5 inches.

would you be able to fit a 45 series tire? I need smaller diameter tires for my SS stockers when I do the 2/4

would you be able to fit a 45 series tire? I need smaller diameter tires for my SS stockers when I do the 2/4

Yea a 45 series would fit just fine. Problem was they didnt make one in the drag radial so I went with a 40. I personally would of liked a 45 series better.

Truck looks awesome, did you have any issues with the side molding? Im affraid to take mine off after one of the badges left a nice outline in my clear coat that is now slightly peeling.

No issues man. I tried the whole fish string thing but it wasnt working for me. I ended up using a razor blade to cut the glue off the top corner of the molding so I had enough molding to grab on to and pull. As I pulled the molding back I would cut the adhesive on the top and bottom with the razor blade. Of course the paint underneath was covered in double sided tape so I used a 3M wheel that attaches to a drill to remove it. After removing the adhesive I buffed the area with some wax and you never would of knew the molding was there. Hope this answers your question.

• 2 weeks later...