New Engine Covers

So i got my engine covers back today from Jason @ Deiwert Desgins, and they are bad ass!! I gave him a general idea of what I wanted and then gave him free reign and it came out great!! Let me know what you guys think! I don't know if you can see it in the pic or not, but the pass side has a ghost "ss" logo and gears and bolts.. it's sick.HPIM1407.jpgHPIM1408.jpgHPIM1413.jpgHPIM1414.jpgI know my engine compartment is filthy, but that'll get deatiled next week before my car show!

pretty killer lookin! the way thats done is as follows...soap and water, rinse, dry with towel, adhesion promoter, primer x 2 coats, base x 2 coats, clear x 1 coat, art, 3 to 4 coats clear.

the reason for some of the "bumps" you see in the clear is the rough parts of the primer and some of the bumps from the cover itself...you'll have that.

Yeah, I agree. I do them too. The texture on the covers themselves are hard to cover with the primer. I have to add three coats of primer and two base coats to get rid of it. What do you charge for a set of covers?

Yeah, I agree. I do them too. The texture on the covers themselves are hard to cover with the primer. I have to add three coats of primer and two base coats to get rid of it. What do you charge for a set of covers?

it really all depends...this one in particular was around $200 $250, depends on how much beer he brings over next time!

I'm thinking a radix will look awfully good in there!! I want to do all the rubber lines with braided or the black braided lines...

Oh yeah but then you would have to lose the engine covers..DOH!...I meant dress up the fusw box and stuff like that to match the covers now.

Oh yeah but then you would have to lose the engine covers..DOH!...I meant dress up the fusw box and stuff like that to match the covers now.

yeah, after I wrote that, i realized that!! I'm tired! I have to save up some more loot to get those done. I've got a volant intake I'm thinking of having done next.