which radar detector should i buy

woodwardspecialties

I understand completly. The Pa state troopers I work with occasionally all say they will usually give anyone a break providing

1-They dont lie

2-They admit to what they did wrong that got them stopped in the 1st place(speeding,stop sign,Drinking etc)

3-Speeding and getting caught with detector=No Breaks

It's kind of interesting when I see people that were drunk or speeding that have gotten themselves into accidents or just stopped by the PD and get mad because THEY made the police do there job. Protecting us from ourselves. Kind of ironic. :flag::seeya:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I run the valentine one with the concealed display along with the rocky mountain radar jammer. This is by far the best set-up in my opinion. When I pick up radar and the phazer jams their signal you should see their heads turn all the way around when you pass tryin to figure out what happen to their system :thumbs: . I live in VA and all that is illegal, only if you get caught though :D

• 3 weeks later...

where is the best place and price to find a valentine... looks like the PA state troopes sold me on this tonight.... yes yes... i got my first speeding ticket in the ss... and only had it for 5 weeks. im suprised i didnt get one sooner...

but of course i got nabbed by radar going 81 in 65 by a state trooper. he was cool enought to drop it to 80 in 65... so it is only 3 points instead of 4.... o well..

he did seem to like my chrome 20;s though... he kept looking down at them.

but back to the topic... it seems like the valentine is the way to go. and after this ticket... im convinced that i need one ASAP. thanks for the info guys.

I have seen them on ebay but the prices seem to be close to the factory price. I used a friends v1 while at spring carlisle. I havent used a detector for awhile and did notice it picks up police as well as those highway road alert signs. The counter did save me though. At about 91 mph I got an alert of 1 bogy in front of me so I slowed down only to see a road work sign. Feeling fairly comfortable I again got up to speed and when I got just past the sign the detector switched fron 1 bogy in front to1 bogy in the rear. No problem. While still getting the alert on the sign behind me,coming into a slight bend at 90 + mph I looked at the v1 only to see front and rear alerts with 2 bogies shown. Slammed on the brakes to find a trooper looking right at me. Good thing I got slowed to 72 mph. It saved my butt. :thumbs:

order from valentine1.com they have all the info on the detector serial # for upgrades and repair. if you buy it elsewhere and the serial# does'nt match up to your name phone# etc. they will not work on it or waranty it. they are great to deal with my detector wasnt working right and sent it back and it was fixed withen a week.

Archived