which radar detector should i buy

woodwardspecialties

only drawback is its rather homely

RATHER?.........C'mon big guy. I like the V1 too but to say it is "rather" homely is a little like saying that Arizona is "rather" warm in July. Truth is that if you value how your vehicle looks on the inside the V1 should be attached to a small chain and dragged 20 feet behind the truck. :jester:

ROFLMAO......Lee, youre too funny.....

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I HAVE THE K-40 2000 FRONT AND REAR RADAR WITH LAZER DEFUSER TOTALY STEALTH NO WIRES JUST A FEW LED'S IN CLUSTER THE NICE THING ABOUT THEM IS THAT THEY PAY FOR THE SPEEDING TICKET IF YOU GET USING THEIR PRODUCT YOU GET TO KEEP THE POINTS THEY PAY THE BILL HAVE GOT NABED YET WORKS VERY WELL IN THOSE STATES YOUR NOT SOPPOSED TO HAVE RADAR IN

Paying for your ticket is nothing! If they really stood behind their product they would pay the increased cost of of insurance after the ticket gets posted. That will cost you far more in the long run than any ticket! The speeding ticket reimbursement guarantee is a gimmick.

All radar detectors have an oscillator. If the cops radar detector-detector picks up this oscillator signal and there was no one else near you when they detect it, they may search until they find it.

Rick R

I HAVE THE K-40 2000 FRONT AND REAR RADAR WITH LAZER DEFUSER TOTALY STEALTH NO WIRES JUST A FEW LED'S IN CLUSTER THE NICE THING ABOUT THEM IS THAT THEY PAY FOR THE SPEEDING TICKET IF YOU GET USING THEIR PRODUCT YOU GET TO KEEP THE POINTS THEY PAY THE BILL HAVE GOT NABED YET WORKS VERY WELL IN THOSE STATES YOUR NOT SOPPOSED TO HAVE RADAR IN

Paying for your ticket is nothing! If they really stood behind their product they would pay the increased cost of of insurance after the ticket gets posted. That will cost you far more in the long run than any ticket! The speeding ticket reimbursement guarantee is a gimmick.

All radar detectors have an oscillator. If the cops radar detector-detector picks up this oscillator signal and there was no one else near you when they detect it, they may search until they find it.

Rick R

Well even the thought of that makes me uncomfortable.... :eek:

only drawback is its rather homely

RATHER?.........C'mon big guy. I like the V1 too but to say it is "rather" homely is a little like saying that Arizona is "rather" warm in July. Truth is that if you value how your vehicle looks on the inside the V1 should be attached to a small chain and dragged 20 feet behind the truck. :jester:

I suppose you're right, Lee. I learned the euphemism "rather homely" from extended exposure to my wife's family.

By the way, I just drove to Valentine Research today and updated my current V-1 (turns out the update is a brand new one) and bought a second one for the dreaded mini-van. I got sick of switching it between vehicles.

Function over form, buddy. :jester:

Well, maybe you're right when it comes to radar detection......................BUT, just radar detection, dude. Anything else and I'm with Billy Crystal - "It is better to look good then feel good." :D

Rick R

Well even the thought of that makes me uncomfortable.... :eek:

Don't worry about it in CA. Detectors are legal here, so it is not a big deal. In some states, Radar detectors are illegal, that is where they use "Radar Detector Detectors". About the only thing to worry about in CA is that if the officer sees a radar detector, he will assume you speed enough to need one and not give you any slack.

I still don't have a detector. I am just working on keeping my speeds down... Awww heck it is impossible... I give up. Actually, most of the cases where I have come real close to getting a ticket, a detector would have been useless. And around where I work, the cops got new laser guns, almost nailed me once, good thing the car in front of me was going faster, and I hit the brakes.

Yeah, laser is tough, but since they have to shoot an individual car, they can't use it on the move and they need to be able to prove it was really you and not the Semi-truck 100yards behind you. There have been a couple of times, when my V1 screamed laser and I could not even see the cop yet. Dark paintjobs and states that don't require front license plates help some. You just can't be a lone ranger speeder anymore, even if it is 2AM and there is not a soul on the road. Seems like the safest times to speed are the most likely times to get nabbed with a speeding ticket. The V1 is still invaluable to let you know that general surveillance is on, not to pass that guy going 15mph under the speed limit, etc.

I have gone thru Virginia and Wash DC a couple of times and it kills me to disconnect the V1 and put it under the seat. I feel completely naked.

Rick R

Hey Rick

Is your V1 remote mounted or dash mounted? I thought that the V1 was undetectable to the vg2 detectors. Do you not trust it's stealth or does it's stealth not work? :wtf: I am going to spring carlisle this weekend and borrowing a buddies V1 to try it out. We'll see if the V1,my SS and the troopers can all play nice together. :D

No I don't use the remote display. They are mounted thru various semi-permanent ways up high in each of my 4 vehicles. They are hard-wired (no coil cord to cigarette lighter plug) and firmly mounted (but removable with tools etc).

Florida is no problem with radar detectors either, other than loosing slack if you get caught. However, when travelling I don't want to loose a $400 V1 in the taboo states like Virginia. I haven't kept up with how stealth the V1s are supposed to be. All I know is that however faint, a radar detector has to have an oscillator to compare the incoming signal to.

At 46 years of age, it is not a game for me. Just let me travel safely, with a little less travel time without getting hasseled about driving efficiently.

Rick R

Archived