PCM Location

Hey guys,

A stupid question... Where is the PCM unit located???? !!!! I just received my module from Bryan and would like to install it before the weekend... I am feelin really stupid not knowing how to locate the unit..

Thanks

PCM.jpg

:chevy: Thanks for the location picture... Is this very difficult to change - You have to remember I'm one of the older members that is used to 60's and 70's style maintenance !!! It looks to be fairly accessible but what is holding the unit innto the casing? Also should the work be done from the top or from under the truck ??

I'm just getting used to the Flowmaster 50 series muffler (pretty loud in the cab, but really nice sound outside) changes, and am really looking forward to the computer changes to fully utilize the now free flowing of air to exhaust (installed an AEM Brute Force Air Induction system)...

Thanks for the help....

:chevy: Thanks for the location picture... Is this very difficult to change - You have to remember I'm one of the older members that is used to 60's and 70's style maintenance !!! It looks to be fairly accessible but what is holding the unit innto the casing? Also should the work be done from the top or from under the truck ??

I learned how to turn a wrench on my dad's 65 Impala, so I know what you mean. But since I work with computers for a living, they are not so mysterious. I have not removed mine, but I have taken off the wiring harness for programming. The plastic cover “pops” off and the connectors have a central screw that holds them in place. After that, I would assume there are a few bolts holding the PCM itself to a bracket, but I have not tried that yet.

I learned how to turn a wrench on my dad's 65 Impala, so I know what you mean. But since I work with computers for a living, they are not so mysterious. I have not removed mine, but I have taken off the wiring harness for programming. The plastic cover “pops” off and the connectors have a central screw that holds them in place. After that, I would assume there are a few bolts holding the PCM itself to a bracket, but I have not tried that yet.

:chevy: Great - Thanks for the input.. Yea spending all day working with computers, sure destroys most of the time I used to have for "tinkering" under the hood...

bigvette, the black plastic PCM cover snaps off. The PCM may then be removed by releasing one clip at the top. I removed mine the first few times I flashed it. After that, I just leave it in there and disconnect the cables, like dcairns said.

desrtrat, the aux coolant bottle is not a factory component. Look in the top right corner of dcairns' picture and you can see what it goes to... one of them whistlin' intake manifolds. :jester:

Archived