No Oil Pressure

brobradh77

When I started my truck after i picked up my daughter from school I lost oil pressure. I am hoping its a $20 Oil Sending Unit fix but knowing my luck it won't be. Here is a clip of the ticking. let me know your opinions...Thanks

th_009.jpg

I hope its your sending unit or your dash gauge cluster with all the issues we have had with them. It could be many things, one being the oil pump which would be better than internal engine problems. Lets hope if it is, the internal damage is minimal. Keep us up to date.

Edited by Black2003SS (see edit history)

I went and bought a oil pump $119 ...my friend came over and said its the pump...if it was the sending unit it would have low pressure but you would not be hearing the tapping. My other friend has a shop with a lift..we will tow it there and tear it down tonight....The pinned crank will make iit tough to re assemble but I have been down that road before with Danny.

dam bro that dosent sound good at all....the same thing happened to my buddy's camaro after 150 shoot of juice and he had to replace the motor....dont run the truck till you find out for sure whats wrong with it...hopefully its just the oil pump and no engine damage good luck bro.........yes the pinned crank is a muthaf***** what i did was mark the pulley and shaft with whiteout before is completly off and line it up when reinstalling it worked good for me :cheers:

Edited by blackbeast ss (see edit history)

Geez Brad, in light of recent events, I think you and I both need to start carrying around a lucky rabbits foot around our necks. :uhoh: I hope for your sake that it is just the oil pump, good luck and keep us posted. :chevy:

Update....we got it up on the lift and drained everything and dropped the oil pan..it was clean so it looks as if I lucked out...Sunday we will go back over there and finish it up...I only drove for about 1/2 mile home when it happened...

Funny thing was I turned on HP Tv on spike and they were discussing LS1 based engines losing oil pressure often...lol (whats the odds of that?) They came to the conlcusion the culprit was the oil syphon tube not lining up proper;y in the tank and the o-ring not getting a good seal and letting air in..hmmmmm One more thing to watch out for in re aassembly.