Radix Magnacharger Question

i am tossing around the idea of going supercharged. i found a good deal on the radix magna charger 112 (4,250) i think thats a good deal). now i was wondering if this is a direct bolt on or not. i know it pretty much is but i mean like how many things am i going to have to upgrade to keep this reliable (tranny, rear end, etc?) its my daily driver and i dont beat on it but i feel like itd be nice to have this thing blown. please let me know what would be needed. im not looking to drop alot of money if it is a true bolt on i will probably do it. also i was going to put an underdrive pulley on it and a overdrive alternator pulley but i probably shouldnt now due to cooling problems with the charger right? please give me some insight with pro s and cons of going blown. thanks in advance.

i am tossing around the idea of going supercharged. i found a good deal on the radix magna charger 112 (4,250) i think thats a good deal). now i was wondering if this is a direct bolt on or not. i know it pretty much is but i mean like how many things am i going to have to upgrade to keep this reliable (tranny, rear end, etc?) its my daily driver and i dont beat on it but i feel like itd be nice to have this thing blown. please let me know what would be needed. im not looking to drop alot of money if it is a true bolt on i will probably do it. also i was going to put an underdrive pulley on it and a overdrive alternator pulley but i probably shouldnt now due to cooling problems with the charger right? please give me some insight with pro s and cons of going blown. thanks in advance.

4,250 is a good deal :thumbs: Go for it and you will LOVE it !!! I have a radix magnacharger 112mp and My SS is my DD also . The magnacharger is a bolt on and it takes a good day to install it . You have to get some work done to your tranny . I have a 2800 TCI street fighter stall convertor /Transgo HD2-C Shift Kit / Sonnax Servo Second Gear / Sonnax Servo 4th gear "SUPER HOLD" / FLT Alluminum and Steel Accumulator Pistons in my tranny right now .

Mark

current mods are... long tube headers with no cats, magnaflow dual exhaust, cold air intake, iridium plugs, msd wires and a wheatley tune.

mods not currently installed are... transgo hd2-c shift kit, 2600 stall converter, vette servo aluminum accumulator piston and heavy duty tranny cooler

I have a 2.85 pulley on mine and I just have a transgo hd2 and a 1-2 vette servo holding up good so far. I also drive 50 miles a day. Like Mark (rockhead) said it will take about a day to install but its well worth it. My avg mpg has been 12.2 since the install but thats also because I cant keep my foot out of it the whine is very addictive. Buy it you will love it

current mods are... long tube headers with no cats, magnaflow dual exhaust, cold air intake, iridium plugs, msd wires and a wheatley tune.

mods not currently installed are... transgo hd2-c shift kit, 2600 stall converter, vette servo aluminum accumulator piston and heavy duty tranny cooler

It would definately be a good idea to have the supporting mods installed 1st before you do the s/c install. As far as the gas milage I saw a decrease (which I expected), I never once saw more that 17 miles per gallon since my install. I am about 13 city/16-17 highway. If buying a new s/c, the kit is direct bolt on. You will need at least 2-3 people to lift that sucker (maggie) and place it on top the motor. Also will never some water wetter and coolant, TR6 spark plugs. That is all I can think of for now.

Definately worth the money/time invested, you will notice a huge difference and be smiling everytime the pedal hits the floor.

hope this helps! :cheers:

Edited by lilmarv1117 (see edit history)

I'm with everyone else, I just installed mine a few months ago and absolutely love it...serious fun factor :cheers: Though I may be in that 10% category who is always wanting more hp...ie I thought Id be happy getting the SS to a low 14sec et (of course I was wrong), now I want 13's, next will be 12's, not sure at this point what will satisfy me????

Buy this TVS1900 and L92 heads for about the same coin and have the latest and greatest technology IMO.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...mp;#entry629098

You will love the blower, had a 112HH on the last truck, saw city mileage unchanged and hwy milege increse by 2mpg. had a LQ4, longtubes, no cats, 4L80, 2.8" pulley (11 lbs) all supporting mods. I miss it enough that I have a tvs1900 sitting in the garage awaiting the delivery of my new tune so I can instal it on the SS. :)

That's a great price imo, and free shipping/no tax outside CA. These are really what the SSS should have come with from the factory. Once you put it on, you will forget about what it cost.

also is the economy better worse or about the same compared to what i currently have?

If you can restrain your foot, the economy is the same. But if you put your foot in it, the mileage is worse. ;)