Misfire?

If the CEl is flashing or the CEL comes on and stays on it could be a clogged catalytic converter, had it happen in my 03 impala and that was what the problem was.

:withstupid: agreed, a clogged cat will cause a random misfire code (P0300)....

Keep in mind your cats are warrantied by Federal mandate for 8 years/80,000 miles........

check all your plugs and wires, if the wires have been on/off any I would check to make sure all the clips are still in them that hold the wire to the plug/coil.

I had this and it was one wire was missing the clip inside that held it to the plug, seemed fine untill I really looked at it.

The check engine light stays on. I dont think its my cats because there brand new dynatech cats. The truck was fine until the shop installed my dynatech headers n cats along with new plugs and wires. But i can hear like a popping sound comin from the right side of the motor near the plug

Edited by DaJoker SS (see edit history)

Few things to check.....first, make sure they actually replaced your spark plugs, if they didn't, there is the possibility that they cracked a plug during the install. Also, check to make sure that there aren't any spark plugs wires touching the header primaries....if a plug boot melts, it can cause the plug wire to arc against the header. Check to make sure that the plug wires are connected too. Check to make sure that they plugged all of the 02 sensors back in, particularly the fronts. Also, there is the slim chance that you could have a bad front 02 sensor. Last, check to see if they maybe unplugged your MAF sensor for some reason or another....

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

if you have a misfire your CEL will flash.... indicating "random misfire"... does the CEL light flash or is it on?

Small correction to the above statement. The CEL will only flash if it is a "Catalyst damaging" misfire. It is possible to have a misfire and not have a flashing CEL.

Another good trick of picking up a misfire on a wire, is taking a spray bottle of water and misting the plug wires with it. This may make it easier to pick up on it. Before you get too crazy on checking things though, what code did you actually pull? Everybody has very good suggestions here, but without knowing what code is current, we could be going in the wrong direction.

Rob

Might be a burned plug wire or something from the headers. I'm guessing you haven't recieved the plug wires yet, I'll run the tracking on them and find out why they aren't there yet.