Vehicle Security/Remote Start Systems

creaker

What brand of security/remote start system do you have installed (if any)?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. What brand of security/remote start system do you have installed (if any)?

• Viper
    • Clifford
    • Python
    • Valet
    • Avital
    • Hornet
    • Alpine
    • Compustar
    • Autopage
    • None!

• 3 weeks later...

Just though I would give my input, I have a compustar 2wss with remote starter, and this thing works awesome. i have a ton of range and there are a ton of addons i can purchase for it too. I wouldn't reccomend anything else. I live in minnesota and in the winter i can't imagine not having a starter especially when i have to walk to my truck after i get done from school and it is cold and windy. oh yeah, i talked to the shop that installed mine and compustar is gonna come out with a module to turn on the heated seats too!!!

• 5 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
LoL.

No not really I was searching stuff about alarms and figured I would vote in the poll and add my nickles worth.

Are alarms no longer relevant to these trucks?

They are getting scalped more now for some reason. I got a Pursuit professionally installed. It has remote start, pager, and battery disable. This week I am getting driver's glass and tint (damaged before aftermarket alarm).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a Viper 5900 rs alarm on my truck and Viper 5701 rs alarm on my CTS.

DEI makes great, reliable products. I've been installing for almost 18 yrs and have installed all types and brands of alarm/remote starts, and any DEI product is far superior to most anything else out there, imo. Seamless integration, programmable user convienience options, flexibility, reliablility - just a few points on why I prefer DEI over other auto security manufacturers.

• 1 year later...

K, since this old post was brought back, I'm gonna chime in...

Compustar is better then viper(dei)

Why? Compustar has more features, more options, better warranty.

Viper does some things really well, like marketing. But they don't even develop new products. They just seem like they buy other companies and steal technology from Clifford, avital, autocommand, code, audiovox, autostart,astroflex, Orion, etc.

Compustar has been doing 2 way starters and alarms since '98. It took viper till what, 2003 to come out with one?

compu has lifetime warranty on the modules and 2 years on the remote.

dei has half the programming options a install and is harder to install.

Trilogic in my opinion is third best behind fortin and ads for interface modules.

Viper smartstart is a basic remote for smartphone. Drone is a remote app with full GPS capability .

Dei does make the best alarms now(alpine was king till they quit).

I range tested them side by side a few times, compu has better range.

My favorite starters weren't always compustar, I was a big fan of astrostart, till dei bought them.

At home I mostly do command start(autostart), they're simple and priced well. Unless someone wants something more high-end then I ill put in a compu pro.

Archived