Tune Question

prochargedgmc

Okay her is my question, i just recently added a cam and stall and built trans, my stall was a tcs 2700, so i ordered a new tune from pcmforless and it ran great it was a lot faster. Then about 2 months later my trans went out, my trans guy said it was my torque converter and my 2-4 clutch pack, so i decided to order a PI vigilante 2700 and blue asbestos clutch pack. While i was at it i figured i would put a smaller pulley on my procharger a 3.70 and a 3-core intercooler front mount. So i heard on here that pcmforless isn't that great so i ordered a wheatley tune, and my truck doesn't run nearly as good as it did before and im running 10 lbs of boost and a pi stall,i figured it would run better than before but it doesn't run even close to what it did before. Is it because my pcmforless tune was turned up to much or what. Im not saying its the tune im just not sure what it is. Thanks for the help guys

Edited by prochargedgmc (see edit history)

Well I see that your are about 50 miles from Dallas. I would think that you would be able to find a local tuner there. A live tune should be your best bet. Do you have logging software? If so sharing that info here could shed some light on the problem. A comparsion of 1/4 mile times or dyno pulls also would be helpful. Check all the basic stuff as far as connections, air leaks, etc and work your way through the problem. The more info you post, the more help can get.

Good luck.

CD

You need to get a hold of Charlie Wheatley and let him know what is going on. You have done alot of work to your truck recently, so having a perfect tune right from the get go isn't likely. You need to run some logs so Charlie can see exactly what is happening, and make the necessary adjustments. He can send you a VCM scan cable if need be....

did you do the relearn?

doesn't have to unless the truck wont start.

I think he is talking about the crank relearn. Totally different than the security relearn (needed is truck won't start).

I did do the relearn because it wouldn't start, but i don't no what the crank relearn is that jennabear is talking about. I also thought about getting it dyno tuned in dallas somewhere but i don't no of any were that is good. I don't have any logging software either so i don't no what it is doing at all. Thanks for the help guys

I did do the relearn because it wouldn't start, but i don't no what the crank relearn is that jennabear is talking about. I also thought about getting it dyno tuned in dallas somewhere but i don't no of any were that is good. I don't have any logging software either so i don't no what it is doing at all. Thanks for the help guys

there is extreme hp in north richland hills that can dyno tune you...I was going to go that route but changed my mind...to pricey your looking at about $500

Firemans right..

You need to get logged by wheatley

however; theres a line.. I've been waiting a month for the cable

be patient, you'll get the bugs worked out in time :)

there is extreme hp in north richland hills that can dyno tune you...I was going to go that route but changed my mind...to pricey your looking at about $500

I cant believe you would suggest that shop..... DONT GO THERE! If you want reasons pm me.