Cai Or Tune?

elcompalaline

Tune will be your biggest gain and bang for the buck.

If you go with a tuner like wheatley, you get free re-tunes for life. So you just ship your PCM back after your CAI and he'll make adjustments, Free.

so whats to lose ?

would be silly not to do your tune first IMO.

Good luck

Tune will be your biggest gain and bang for the buck.

If you go with a tuner like wheatley, you get free re-tunes for life. So you just ship your PCM back after your CAI and he'll make adjustments, Free.

so whats to lose ?

would be silly not to do your tune first IMO.

Good luck

Why not do CAI 1st..a little gain..then have tune next to suit the CAI? Thats what i did. Felt the CAI diff., then added tune and felt the tune diff....that way you can actually feel the diff. that each mod made! Wheatley stands by his tunes as does the other tuners on here...can't go wrong!!!

Why not do CAI 1st..a little gain..then have tune next to suit the CAI? Thats what i did. Felt the CAI diff., then added tune and felt the tune diff....that way you can actually feel the diff. that each mod made! Wheatley stands by his tunes as does the other tuners on here...can't go wrong!!!

:confused: you'll only get 10-15 HP out of a CAI.. hardley noticable at all.. atleast I wasn't impressed at all ( my first mod :nono: )

only thing you'll actually feel "in the seat" is a tune.

Unless your after a "air sucking" noise, 1MPG increase, and a big dissapointment.. Go tune first

Now wouldn't the tune get me better MPG and thus save me some mula on gas, that in turn will help me with cost of the CAI later in the future? LOL........!!!!!! :lol: ............ :jester: . Well, just another way to look at it. Thanks for the help guys, it was very much needed.

Go with the tune first IMO, adding a CAI will only make the tune feel that much better, basically enhancing it. Pound for pound, a custom tune is the best bang for the buck.

BTW, Charlie Wheatley is the man! :thumbs:

unless you are running SD (speed density) open loop you would not need a retune if you install an intake after you have a tune.You are running the MAF therefor the MAF is very forgiving when it comes to intake and muffler swaps without a retune,now if you are running SD open loop then yes it would need a retune for little minor mods like that

Get a tune first, it will be very noticeable compared to cold air intake. My best mod so far on my truck has been the Black Bear Tune, the exhaust and cold air intake weren't as noticeable as my tune.