Pulling Timing?

CenWaSS

IDK much about tuning so bare with me. Anyway my current tune starts to pull timing at 130deg and my top end seems to be way off. Im getting another tune where timing wont be pulled until 160deg, is that going to be safe for my SS?

I would not personally no sir,when the IAT's get that warm it is prone to detination,as the incoming gets hotter it becomes less dense,therefor timing should be reduced.

So your saying pulling timing at 160deg is to high? At what temp should timing begin to be removed?

Wow, 160 in WA? Can't you manipulate the IAT's in the tune in the SSS's? I have mine manipulated so it doesn't pull timing, and my truck runs extremely well in the heat. So well that I barely shave 4 tenths in over 3000DA differences. My Imp can cut almost a second off in that kind of weather swing... Or isn't there some kind of relocation kit to get more accurate IAT's?

Wow, 160 in WA? Can't you manipulate the IAT's in the tune in the SSS's? I have mine manipulated so it doesn't pull timing, and my truck runs extremely well in the heat. So well that I barely shave 4 tenths in over 3000DA differences. My Imp can cut almost a second off in that kind of weather swing... Or isn't there some kind of relocation kit to get more accurate IAT's?

Wow no timing being pulled for you? Sounds like I should be ok then...

Wow no timing being pulled for you? Sounds like I should be ok then...

Careful, your supercharged. It is a whole different ball game vs. N/A tuning when it comes to pulling timing via IAT adder tables.

Careful, your supercharged. It is a whole different ball game vs. N/A tuning when it comes to pulling timing via IAT adder tables.

Lol, I didn't even look at his sig, ooops!!! Yea, timing is very important when it comes to force feeding air!!!

it also matters what you total timing is and how much boost you are running and if you have meth on it, i start pulling timing from mine at around 100° running meth at that....i start it pulling 1° and end up pulling a total of 7° in the 150°+ tables...basically you should let you tuner do what he does, you start telling him what to do and you will blow up your motor...having that little extra hp isnt worth $4-5k is it?

it also matters what you total timing is and how much boost you are running and if you have meth on it, i start pulling timing from mine at around 100° running meth at that....i start it pulling 1° and end up pulling a total of 7° in the 150°+ tables...basically you should let you tuner do what he does, you start telling him what to do and you will blow up your motor...having that little extra hp isnt worth $4-5k is it?

Definaltey agree...my tuner is the one who suggested pulling timing at 160deg. I thought that sounded high thats why Im tryng to get some info and opinions on this issue :cheers: How will I know, before its to late, that pulling timing at 160 is damaging things? Will I hear pinging/knocking?

Definaltey agree...my tuner is the one who suggested pulling timing at 160deg. I thought that sounded high thats why Im tryng to get some info and opinions on this issue :cheers: How will I know, before its to late, that pulling timing at 160 is damaging things? Will I hear pinging/knocking?

he will see it knocking in the scan...if you hear it detonating thats not a very good thing, specially with boost...i would take his advice on the timing issue only if he will cover a new motor for you lol

sounds like you should find another tuner.