New Moderator?

JF-03-SS

Congrats for the promotion!!! i've been on here for 4 years and I've seen alot of stuff on this site that needed dealt with so i say this doesnt bother me in the in least if people want 2 be a mod just ask if it bothers people that much.

Thats the problem...About 2 years ago maybe less the admin made topic that if you were interested in being a mod send them a PM and they will send you an application that willbe reviewed and voted upon and then like the next day we had a new mod that literally just joined the site ( i nor anyone else go this app we were told we would get)..Kind of kicked a bunch of us in the nuts...No grudges against the mods named..not thier fault..we/I feel a postion like that should be open to everyone and anyone and voted upon by the members of this site who CONTRIBUTE and a visible/accessable member.

I used to contribute alot to the site..BUT I will admitt over the past months I have felt kind of pushed out and turned off by the politics in here..being called a child by one moderator and basically a bitch by another kind of leaves you not wanting to contribute.

Edited by brobradh77 (see edit history)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark, you've met me before, I don't think I was a bad guy :cool:

I didn't unlock it, I can post in locked threads. And it was meant to be humerous...

There might be something in the works...

Like I said, I have no intentions of babysitting anyone here, so I don't see where the big deal is. Unless you guys have something against TBSS guys...

Tim you are nice guy I know that and I know that you can come off like a A$$ online but that is you. it is cool .I just did not the post you up .IMO plus just finding out that you are a mod on sss.com . I was like WTF with a mod do that . It all behind me so . In person outstanding guy to BS with . And you know your chit on the TBSS's .

I like the TBSS guys I just did not what know was going on the site . I tolk to a mod he gave me the lowdown . looking forword to meet the anther mods from GMTruck.com

Mark

All I can say is welcome to the site, you've made a great first impression. :nono:
Comments like the one that he made is not something a mod should have done, imo. Mod/admin should be held to a higher standard, and yes I am one on another forum, and have been for several years.

Thats the problem...About 2 years ago maybe less the admin made topic that if you were interested in being a mod send them a PM and they will send you an application that willbe reviewed and voted upon and then like the next day we had a new mod that literally just joined the site ( i nor anyone else go this app we were told we would get)..Kind of kicked a bunch of us in the nuts...No grudges against the mods named..not thier fault..we/I feel a postion like that should be open to everyone and anyone and voted upon by the members of this site who CONTRIBUTE and a visible/accessable member.

I used to contribute alot to the site..BUT I will admitt over the past months I have felt kind of pushed out and turned off by the politics in here..being called a child by one moderator and basically a bitch by another kind of leaves you wanting to contribute.

It was kind of a slap to the face to alot of us that have been here for quite some time. I also offered up my services before they had people "apply", but got no response.

Any mod who would call someone a child, or a bitch, and engage in that kind of behvior/banter should be stripped of their mod rights. Like I said above, mods need to be held to a higher standard. You are essentially the police of the board.

Edited by CoolBlueSS (see edit history)

I dont wanna say nothing wrong because i know this guy from the IMPALASSFORUM.com but at the same time i feel that we couldnt go to a TBSS forum and be a mod.. or me being a impala rider and be a mod on the camaro or vette forum.. but thats just me.. im not trying to get jumped on again..

so im happy for you :cheers:

Well, for those that think I should be the "police" and held to a higher standard, guess what. I can, but I would rather not. How many of you guys BS w/ the police when you get pulled over? Nobody...

The sites that mods are hard nose no screw around suck. So I'm getting the general consensus that I should be a straight up dick mod and warn wody for telling me to try his nuts?

Test my character, please. Its called ribbing and getting ribbed back. Having a fun place to come BS and learn at the same time. Trust me, when you are on a forum w/ mod's like some of you are describing, it blows. You'll lose far more members from dickhead straight up mods than you will w/ me.

Its a forum, its not refelctive of your real life. The episode of South Park w/ what what in the butt comes to mind w/ this thread. Anyone who has ever met me never knew I was a mod unless they asked what my screen name was... Like I said, I'm here to remove spam and crop threads if need be. I ain't here to ban anyone or smack their hands. Ill be sure to pull out the handcuffs next time someone tells me to eat their nuts.... :freak:

and Wody, I will try you nuts if Mel will let me? :jester:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...no comment...lol

As for the mods go..I dont have a real problem with the mods in genereal..just how the selection process goes down and the favortism some mods have torwards certain members...They tend to focus on the actions of some but ignore what poeple in thier inner circle say or do.

I guess it depepnds on who you are on what rules you have to follow.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...no comment...lol

As for the mods go..I dont have a real problem with the mods in genereal..just how the selection process goes down and the favortism some mods have torwards certain members...They tend to focus on the actions of some but ignore what poeple in thier inner circle say or do.

I guess it depepnds on who you are on what rules you have to follow.

AMEN!

Well I can say that I think it is pretty apparent that I will show no favoritism here... But usually the ones who complain are the one's who just can't follow rules...

Hey SB. I grew up in Burlington County, right by the base, worked for a few years on the outside while going to school, joined the military and got stationed right back at home lol!

Far as people leaving... You can't please everybody...