117000 Miles On Pads ?

Well I'm doing regular maintainceon the 04SSS at 116997 miles;Mobil1 oil change,,grease front end and I check the brakes :wtf:

I keep service records like an old woman keeps grocery coupons :rolleyes: and I've never put brake pads on this truck,,bought it new :confused:

Their fine,,,fronts are 1/4 thick rears are 1/8 thick :confused: I'll change rotors B4 pads :uhoh:

Anyone else have this problem? :cheers:

Is this normal for an SSS ?

I've owned Chevy and GMC pick ups all my life and always get 20 to 30,000 miles on pads,, :wtf:

:chevy: SS

That's normal for th AWD SSS's, it's a different story with the RWD guys. There is a good chance you will need new rotors too when you finally replace the brakes, with that age and mileage they are pretty much guaranteed to have rotor rot......

That's normal for th AWD SSS's, it's a different story with the RWD guys. There is a good chance you will need new rotors too when you finally replace the brakes, with that age and mileage they are pretty much guaranteed to have rotor rot......

Very true! In case someone thinks your joking about the rot comment; typically when I see one at this age, even less sometimes, the rotors will look as if they are delaminating.

Well I'm doing regular maintainceon the 04SSS at 116997 miles;Mobil1 oil change,,grease front end and I check the brakes :wtf:

I keep service records like an old woman keeps grocery coupons :rolleyes: and I've never put brake pads on this truck,,bought it new :confused:

Their fine,,,fronts are 1/4 thick rears are 1/8 thick :confused: I'll change rotors B4 pads :uhoh:

Anyone else have this problem? :cheers:

Is this normal for an SSS ?

I've owned Chevy and GMC pick ups all my life and always get 20 to 30,000 miles on pads,, :wtf:

:chevy: SS

I got a bit more than 120,000 or so when my fronts 2001 z-71 extended but I have notice the stopping distance getting a lot longer.

I guess i actually need to check mine, i have ~46k on the truck and i getting a squeak. I am kinda hard on brakes when my mind forgets its a 4100lb truck and not a 2800lb cavalier.

Edited by BG06SILVERADO (see edit history)