Anyone On Here A Police Officer?

unless an officer saw the incident (from what i know) they couldn't do anything about it.

That's true. (unless there was vehicle contact, or damage to his vehicle due to an "evasive maneuver" to avoid contact)

As long as you didn't touch each other and he didn't hit anything trying to dodge you, it's hear-say...

Just watch how you drive in the future, as the cops can't do anything for that incident but may keep an eye on you...

xxx Cross your fingers and hope he doesn't have cop friends...

actually depending on state. i know her in jersey. if you call the cops with the info they will find you. and come to your house and issue you a ticket stating that the driver was acting with the law enforcement and can issue a ticket. i know cuz i did it to someone and watched it happen lol

Then the other person would have to go to court to be the witness and endorse the ticket.

Much easier to argue their ticket than if a cop wrote it.

(bottom line: don't sweat it)

I live in NJ too... I was run off the road (with damage), called the police while following the lady, then was told there was nothing they could do because noone witnessed it... I got burnt.

Edited by page305 (see edit history)