Installed Front Swaybar Bushings

96vteccd5

Well I installed the front poly bushings and endlinks and I must say the install went smoothly and I noticed a very big difference in the handling. The roll over has been reduced, the braking is better in the truck and the steering response is nice and crisp. I highly recommend this install. :chevy:

well hell... if thats the only difference then i could just buy a sway bar to fit the SS right? upgrade to the 1 1/4" plus have better bushings. :dunno:

Yup.

I also recently added the bushings/end links and all new moog components, rides way better.

I did this mod as well. I wanted the red bushings but the place I got mine from told me 3-6 weeks. The black he got overnight and I wanted them asap. Easy to install, maybe took half hour. Did not drive much since it was done. I also installed Edelbrock IAS shocks in the front at the same time. Definately smoother, however I never went around any corner to test out the bushings.

mine sat in the packaging for over a year and i finally installed them last week. nice improvement! the truck sticks corners and ramps alot better. went with the reds from auto zone. now i need a rear sway... :uhoh:

As you requested:

ENS-9-5172G STABILIZER BAR BUSHING SET BLK

ENS-9-8121G END LINK SET BLK

Thank ya sir! :cheers:

But looks like Ill just be ordering a sway bar set to fit the SS so I can get the upgraded diameter plus the rear bar all together. should handle nice....

Anyone ever run a rear sway bar AND Caltracs???

But looks like Ill just be ordering a sway bar set to fit the SS so I can get the upgraded diameter plus the rear bar all together. should handle nice....

FYI, the SSS does not have a factory rear sway bar...the only companies that will sell you just the rear bar are Addco and Belltech, Hotchkis will only sell the front and rear as a set, which may be a better option for you Jason.....

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)