Spanked A Ford Lightning

BigBlack

Getting on the highway this morning there was a ford in front of me, thought it might be a lightning but couldn't tell it had no tailgate. Well i blue pass him to check and yup it was.. He got up on my ass I couldn't go anywhere to many cars in fron of us.. The traffic cleared up he pulled along side then we got on it I pullled by him pretty easy before I new it he was behind me.. We went again and again goodbye how does my rearend look sucka.. Nothin better than killin a ford :chevy:

I raced one on the highway a year or so ago in my wife's Magnum R/T. We raced from 60-120+mph many times, he was pulling on me every time and would have actually passed me if there was more road between traffic every time we pounded it. It had Flowmasters on it, I thought it went pretty good at speed to be honest!

Nice kill.

Aren't they a low 14 stock?

I raced one on the highway a year or so ago in my wife's Magnum R/T. We raced from 60-120+mph many times, he was pulling on me every time and would have actually passed me if there was more road between traffic every time we pounded it. It had Flowmasters on it, I thought it went pretty good at speed to be honest!

Nice kill.

Aren't they a low 14 stock?

and the bs flag is being called allredy. if a dodge didnt beat its not true lol

i say nice kill good to hear a ford got spanked lol

Edited by McMahan (see edit history)

i say nice kill good to hear a ford got spanked lol

no one is calling bs right now....but come on.... those trucks are fast,a lot faster then our trucks. If he has no mods then no one is saying he didn't beat a ford we're saying it was a f-150 clone. look how many guys put the SS badge on their trucks.

Did you hear the supercharger when he hit the gas, the SC sound tends to stand out. What mods do you have done.

Brad

no one is calling bs right now....but come on.... those trucks are fast,a lot faster then our trucks. If he has no mods then no one is saying he didn't beat a ford we're saying it was a f-150 clone. look how many guys put the SS badge on their trucks.

Did you hear the supercharger when he hit the gas, the SC sound tends to stand out. What mods do you have done.

Brad

i know about the lightning and i agree with you. its just like when that srt4 neon blew up when i raced him i got told bs no way it could have happened. sorry nothing intended for you at all so pls dont think that.

just some ppl dont get driver error ect.... thats what happened to me the guy was slipping and i got him plus he blew his engine trying to catch back up to me.

It was one of the first year lightnings maybe the thing had a few million miles on it I dont know. all I know it couldn't keep up it was a red sled.. All I have is a K&N cold air and magna flow exhaust.. The Ford went down :chevy: I could hear no S/C over my exhaust

Edited by BigBlack (see edit history)

i know about the lightning and i agree with you. its just like when that srt4 neon blew up when i raced him i got told bs no way it could have happened. sorry nothing intended for you at all so pls dont think that.

Nobody was calling BS on the guy, you are just JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS!

A late model Lightning like the one I raced is an EASY low 14 second truck.

An early model Lightning isn't near as fast.

You need to hit the track for a bit to understand why some people think the way they think!

:wink:

I'm also not sure you even read what I wrote before jumping to conclusions....

I clearly wrote the Lightning WAS PULLING ON ME.

If we were side by side or if there was room he would have gone right past me.

Hello???

:confused:

Haha

It was one of the first year lightnings maybe the thing had a few million miles on it I dont know. all I know it couldn't keep up it was a red sled.. All I have is a K&N cold air and magna flow exhaust.. The Ford went down :chevy: I could hear no S/C over my exhaust

First gen Lightnings were N/A, they didn't have a supercharger...

Where is Showtime, he'll know!

my wife has a 00 lightning, only mods are pully/exhaust/plenum and she walks my truck like its nothing, in fact i know of another member on here with cam/tune/converter/exhaust/etc on his ss that she reeled in pretty easily.

i wish mine was faster for all the damn money i have in it :cheers:

my wife has a 00 lightning, only mods are pully/exhaust/plenum and she walks my truck like its nothing, in fact i know of another member on here with cam/tune/converter/exhaust/etc on his ss that she reeled in pretty easily.

i wish mine was faster for all the damn money i have in it :cheers:

I think those Lightnings really take to mods like pulleys and such. For stock or very lightly modded trucks they are pretty darned impressive.

The first gen Lightnings weren't quite as quick, and seem to cause a bit of confusion from time to time... but the second gen Lightnings earned a decent reputation IMO...

Did you mod her Lightning for her, did she buy it that way or..?