Spanked A Ford Lightning

BigBlack

nice man, :thumbs::chevy:

from my personal exp.,:id say i run about 3 lightnings since getting my truck, first one i beat by like half a truck when mine was all stock, second one we were on the freeway, we were neck to neck but i let him go because traffic was getting heavy, the last one really surprised me, i pulled on him at the light but then wuuush!, he left by a few lenghts, the guy was cool do and told me he had some upgrades like a better s/c

( :confused: ) and a NOS bottle, he said he was throwing down between 450 and 500 HS.

all and all chevys are best, they may win some battles lol, but we will win the war hehe :P:D:chevy:

Edited by Vidalss (see edit history)

I'm also not sure you even read what I wrote before jumping to conclusions....

I clearly wrote the Lightning WAS PULLING ON ME.

If we were side by side or if there was room he would have gone right past me.

Hello???

:confused:

Haha

i don't believe his statement was intended for your race with a L. The way i read it was "we", as in you and I, we're alreay thinking to our selfs.....wait a minute how does a 14.8 truck beat a low 14 second truck from a rolling race, and we were ready to call bs on that. But like you said, no need to jump to a conclusion, and wave a BS flag, before we find out the whole story. So i think his statement was in no way aimed at your personal experiance, thats at least how i understood his post. I think this is the statement he was reffering to "Aren't they a low 14 stock?"

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

i don't believe his statement was intended for your race with a L. The way i read it was "we", as in you and I, we're alreay thinking to our selfs.....wait a minute how does a 14.8 truck beat a low 14 second truck from a rolling race, and we were ready to call bs on that. But like you said, no need to jump to a conclusion, and wave a BS flag, before we find out the whole story. So i think his statement was in no way aimed at your personal experiance, thats at least how i understood his post. I think this is the statement he was reffering to "Aren't they a low 14 stock?"

I think he was TRYING to pick on me cause I'm a Dawrdge guy, but all's good! I got a REAL thick skin!

:cheers:

Haha!

(edit- This is what I thought he was mad about.... >>>>and the bs flag is being called allredy. if a dodge didnt beat its not true lol<<<< which I never said..... LOL )

The 1999 and up Lightnings are low 14 second trucks from what I have seen at the track for sure. The one I raced wasn't stock, I have no idea if it was JUST Flowmasters or if it had any other mods, but it behaved like it should- it pulled on my wife's low 14 second Magnum R/T slowly but surely every time we raced.

I remember on a Delphi forum for Chevy Xtremes years ago a guy said he bolted a set of Corvette rallye rims on his Xtreme and then promptly went out, ran a Corvette through a bunch of corners and BEAT the Corvette through the corners. He had a bunch of guys laughing on him, but he was adamant.

I read, but to be honest, I didn't really care.

I've seen a whole bunch of weird internet stories in the "kills" forums over the years for different sites, I've seen the "Chevy sucks", " Ford sucks" and "MoPar sucks" by the midlets over the years. Doesn't matter the brand, I just roll my eyes. EVERY time. LOL

I like vehicles, not outlandish story telling, and if a weird outcome happens once in awhile, so be it. (I don't know how many remember my "work van vs Porsche" thread from years sgo ;) )

It's the internet. I read it with a smile! haha

:cheers:

Edited by CrAzYMoPaRGuY (see edit history)

I think those Lightnings really take to mods like pulleys and such. For stock or very lightly modded trucks they are pretty darned impressive.

The first gen Lightnings weren't quite as quick, and seem to cause a bit of confusion from time to time... but the second gen Lightnings earned a decent reputation IMO...

Did you mod her Lightning for her, did she buy it that way or..?

we bought it that way. last week it spit #3 plug out of the head so we ordered some ford rading heads for it, also sending the supercharger out to stiegemeier performance for a stage 5 port job, which will make the damn thing even faster. oh well, i will get her someday, whatever it takes lol

we bought it that way. last week it spit #3 plug out of the head so we ordered some ford rading heads for it, also sending the supercharger out to stiegemeier performance for a stage 5 port job, which will make the damn thing even faster.

Is that not a common problem on some of the modular Ford engines?

I have heard of plugs pulling out of the factory heads for years, it is surprising to me it wasn't a recall to be honest.... I never heard of a Lightning pulling plug threads but I guess it shouldn't be a surprise.

:confused:

oh well, i will get her someday, whatever it takes lol

LOL!

Now THAT's the attitude!!!!!!

:thumbs:

LOL at this thread..THis is what started the Lightning vs. GM shootout at ENNIS in May..A buddy said he outran a lgihtning in his truck and the Lightning owners called BS and the match up was arranged....Chevy owned.

I dunno if it was a real lightning or not ..who knows....a win is a win regardless.

LOL at this thread..THis is what started the Lightning vs. GM shootout at ENNIS in May..A buddy said he outran a lgihtning in his truck and the Lightning owners called BS and the match up was arranged....Chevy owned.

I dunno if it was a real lightning or not ..who knows....a win is a win regardless.

true that, the only reason i asked his mods in the first post because i would like to know what else i need to do to start beating them, a question that was never answered....then the drama started....o well, guess i will find out on my own what it takes. i figured the wifes truck for mid-high twelves so its gonna take a LOT at this point.

edit: the wife and i went to a lightning meet tonight in my ss since hers is in the shop. i raced an 02 lightning with exhaust and a little bit more boost than stock from 60-100 and he had me by about a truck length, just thought i would offer that up

Edited by kcsilveradoss (see edit history)

LOL

I took my 1978 Dodge work truck to the Delphi Forums Chevy Xtreme meet years and years ago when the "kills" threads were getting silly. Funny stuff!

I then got to know the guys really well, and eventually brought out Mr. Motorhome to race a guy with a ZQ8... that was his posting name.... he got me by a door before we shut off. I think I surprised him LOL

We posted all about it, we laughed, and we became friends.

Sometimes all it takes is a "track day", or a meet etc and a great group of guys are formed... IMO anyways.

;)

LOL

I took my 1978 Dodge work truck to the Delphi Forums Chevy Xtreme meet years and years ago when the "kills" threads were getting silly. Funny stuff!

I then got to know the guys really well, and eventually brought out Mr. Motorhome to race a guy with a ZQ8... that was his posting name.... he got me by a door before we shut off. I think I surprised him LOL

We posted all about it, we laughed, and we became friends.

Sometimes all it takes is a "track day", or a meet etc and a great group of guys are formed... IMO anyways.

;)

Exactly..We had a good meet...some shit talking but nothing personal..it was a good time and we think it has led to an annual thing maybe..There was immediate discussion for round 2....It was fun.