Spanked A Ford Lightning

BigBlack

yeah but some trucks ehhem...(chevys) are just better than the rest! lmao!!! yeah i wanna see what a fast ford looks like...this is one of my neighbors rides he has a whipple and kind of a built motor but barley any tranny work 2800 stall and shift kit and stck everything else he said it would do a high 10....i beg to differ

ssrslo.jpg

oh and the plate kills me when i drive by it

I wouldnt doubt it that it would do high 10s,however, definately not on street tires....

it doesnt take much to get those lightnings to move... so dont be to pushy to doubt him :cool:

oh i don't doubt him but he will need more help getting that thing to plant the power to the ground. imo a stock suspension just won't cut it with that amount of power. but we will see it idled real ruff when i talked to him about it and said he was needing a tune.

i am the type of guy who can appreciate another vehicle reguardless of make and say "wow thats a nice ride" but you have those ppl who think there poop dont stink and that they are too stubborn to appreciate a nice ride when they see one. oh and ppl call the :icon_bs: flag all the time just because a vehicle on paper is suppost to beat yours.

Nah, I called YOU on a blatant lie. You were "running beside a STAGE # SRT4 and you BOTH WENT from a roll up into triple digit speeds. You not only BEAT the 12 second car with your barely modded truck, the poor idiot with the Dodge also BLEW HIS ENGINE while losing to you!

:uhoh:

Just drop it.

You probably raced a slug stock Neon with a decal or two that was obviously a POS or the race nevr happened, or...? Who knows.

Your truck did NOT beat a stage 3 SRT4.

Simple.

And for you to post the "kill" as "not that big of a deal" was what got your EARNED response.

:seeya:

I agree.

Even a couple simple mods on a Lightning and it's a faster truck than many would think, IMO anyways....

:withstupid: that is all i was getting at. the ease to which those trucks make gains is sickening. i wish someone would put a roots blower on a reg cab 5.3 truck and see how it would do against a stock lightning. im sure it has been done , but never heard the results. then it would be an apples to apples comparison.

:withstupid: that is all i was getting at. the ease to which those trucks make gains is sickening. i wish someone would put a roots blower on a reg cab 5.3 truck and see how it would do against a stock lightning. im sure it has been done , but never heard the results. then it would be an apples to apples comparison.

Yup, kinda tough when the Lightning guys are talking pulleys swaps and they actually improve the performance markedly!

Factory boosted vehicles seem to sure have the "bang for your buck" mods covered, and cheaply!

Where are the SyTys of 2009 and beyond..?

;)

Nah, I called YOU on a blatant lie. You were "running beside a STAGE # SRT4 and you BOTH WENT from a roll up into triple digit speeds. You not only BEAT the 12 second car with your barely modded truck, the poor idiot with the Dodge also BLEW HIS ENGINE while losing to you!

Just drop it.

You probably raced a slug stock Neon with a decal or two that was obviously a POS or the race nevr happened, or...? Who knows.

Simple.

And for you to post the "kill" as "not that big of a deal" was what got your EARNED response.

A stock srt4 would put hands on a stock ss for sure yet alone a stg3... those are damn fast and from a roll its game over for the ss cuz those neons pull pretty damn hard (stg 3)

A stock srt4 would put hands on a stock ss for sure yet alone a stg3... those are damn fast and from a roll its game over for the ss cuz those neons pull pretty damn hard (stg 3)

I'll have to say that though I am a "Dodge guy" I am not really an SRT4 guy... lol I respect SRT4s for what they are stock, and many SRT4s with Stage3 setups are absolute monsters at the track IMO. Truly impressive.

BUT! I'm still not a real fan, nor do I usually run around on the internet defending them. ;)

And if Krambo or Chase or other guys with big performances numbers kicked a SRT4 stage3 to the curb I would be impressed AND proud for them. They have sooooo much time work and money into their trucks it shows in their timeslips. For it to be a "no big deal" to one of them, well... that's a different story, for sure!

:wink:

:cheers:

Just drop it.

Simple.

you know what boy. i wasnt even talking about you. first off dont call me a liar you dont know me and thats bad on you 2nd get over your self ppl like you is what iam talking about think you know every thing. go get on a dodge forum and leave us alone

Edited by McMahan (see edit history)

just to stir the conversational pot a little more i took my ss to the track for the first time last night.

never taken anything down the strip before, in full street trim with 1/2 tank of fuel i ran 15.0 at 92mph. there was a red 02 lightning, stock pulley with valve body only ran 13.4 at 98

you know what boy. i wasnt even talking about you. first off dont call me a liar you dont know me and thats bad on you 2nd get over your self ppl like you is what iam talking about think you know every thing. so i dont care if i get banned but kiss my ass. go get on a dodge forum and leave us the hell alone you know what get some balls and call me if you wanna run your mouth ill pm you my # pls call me wish you would lol hahaha

And the internet responses begin...

LOL

just to stir the conversational pot a little more i took my ss to the track for the first time last night.

never taken anything down the strip before, in full street trim with 1/2 tank of fuel i ran 15.0 at 92mph. there was a red 02 lightning, stock pulley with valve body only ran 13.4 at 98

massive wheel spin? 13.4 at only 98 mph? i ran a 14.0 flat at 98 with a little wheel spin on dr's. :confused:

It's funny, as time goes on the public seem to get accustomed to faster and faster times from stock vehicles.

In the late 70's a Corvette was top of the heap with a 16 second 1/4 mile time. For a stock truck to do a 16 second 1/4 mile time would have been a pipe dream.

Along comes technology, and trucks are running faster than 16 second 1/4 mile times, stock.

I watched a Typhoon when they came out hit the track, it was like a kid finding bubble gum! In today's world it would be quick still, but everything else has gotten so much faster, it's truly unbelievable.