PT3000 review for BigTex

Sorry it took me so long to get this out. I wanted to wait a few days and get used to driving the truck with the TC in it before I said anything. Initially I wasn't sure I liked it but the longer I drive it the more I do.

So more to the point, day-to-day driving in traffic is fine. Not really sloppy at all. At lower RPM's with light throttle it will still get going, but having never driven a truck with a TC before I have nothing to compare it to. I does take a little getting used to having the RPM's a little higher all of the time. I tell you what though, when you are stopped and nail the gas it will definatley snap your neck back in the seat hard. It really gets off the line fast.

BigTex, if you have any specific questions let me know. As I said this is the first time a have driven with a higher stall so you may have to school me to get some answers. :thumbs:

I can't wait to get this thing to the track on friday. Wish me luck.

Initially I wasn't sure I liked it but the longer I drive it the more I do. 

I understand this part. The first time you drive a looser converter, it feels funny in the very low rpms. My TT2600 was slightly noticeable at first then went unnoticed after a few days. My TT3000 left me with that same "not sure about this" feeling for a few days. After a week, I liked it, but never really forgot it was in there. Driving was fine, but when the converter would unlock with mild throttle, it felt like it had downshifted. In traffic and having louder exhaust, it sounded like I was over-revving it up just to get moving. The 3000 did hit harder. I wish my 2600 hit like the 3000 but kept the same tame manners on the street.

If you dont mind, give me some examples or reasons why were you unsure about liking the PT converter at first? Nothing technical, I'm trying to gauge how loose it is in comparison to my TT2600/TT3000 converters.

Initially I wasn't sure I liked it but the longer I drive it the more I do. 

I understand this part. The first time you drive a looser converter, it feels funny in the very low rpms. My TT2600 was slightly noticeable at first then went unnoticed after a few days. My TT3000 left me with that same "not sure about this" feeling for a few days. After a week, I liked it, but never really forgot it was in there. Driving was fine, but when the converter would unlock with mild throttle, it felt like it had downshifted. In traffic and having louder exhaust, it sounded like I was over-revving it up just to get moving. The 3000 did hit harder. I wish my 2600 hit like the 3000 but kept the same tame manners on the street.

If you dont mind, give me some examples or reasons why were you unsure about liking the PT converter at first? Nothing technical, I'm trying to gauge how loose it is in comparison to my TT2600/TT3000 converters.

I was unsure at first because of exactly what you were describing. It does seems like it downshifts when the converter unlocks at mild throttle and it just seemed a little wierd at first but it is really not bad at all and I barely even notice it now. That is really the only reason I had for doubting it initially. The only other thing that is sligtly annoying is that since my RPM's are consistently a little higher, I get a little more exhaust noise than I used to at slower speeds.

Archived