Finally...a Decent Run...

Black2003SS

Finally had a decent run with a CTS V. We were merging onto a local freeway where there was a good break in traffic with me behind him and he put the hammer down at about 40mph, I had already shifted to 2nd and followed suit. He moved all the way over to the left lane and I had access to the middle lane. I was able to make up the 2 car difference we had between us on the on ramp and get beside him by 95ish where we shut it down. We then got another run where we ran from about 70-100+ and I pulled a couple lengths on him. That one surprised me. I think he might have just been messing around in 4th or 5th gear and didnt go to 3rd on that one, my truck only traps 101ish and those V's trap a little higher, he should have had me on the top end or at least been dead even I think.

Good kill, I race one at the track awhile back and it didnt impress me. I was running 9.2-9.4 on the 1/8 and he ran a 9.0-9.2. Maybe a bad driver or something else I dont know. I have the pleasure of driving a 09 CTS-V and it is nice. It has a smoother power curve, its not like you feel it hard, but once you look at the speed-o-meter you see how fast you got there. The one I drove ran a 12.4 in the 1/4 mile, bone stock with like 300 miles on it.

yeah 04-05 was LS6, 06-07 was LS2. mine ran near flat 13s, 05 LS6. just had a cat-back and tune. top end actually wasnt too impressive IMO... 3rd is a monster and 4th you start to feel the weight of that thing lol

oh and i got rid of that 50+ lb flywheel and truck shifter :D

Edited by kelleyperformance (see edit history)

Yeah, this one was an 04-06 with the 400hp LS6 (I think they got an LS2 in 06? not sure), most likely and 04-05, but not the new 09 with 550+hp.

The 2007 XLR-V is the August car on my Car and Driver Calendar. It has the supercharged 4.4L north star engine making 443hp and 414 ft lbs with a 4.5second 0-60.