Corvette Exhaust

zayne0

they have butterfly valves to add/reduce backpressure with wot conditions

best bet , and also fun too is electric cutouts . not cheap but are cool . with an n/a stockish setup the stock sized piping is fine. youll actually lose some lower rpm torque with them open.

Chase is exactly correct. I have an '06 Z06 and it how it works is this: above 3500ish RPM the PCM opens a set of valves in the exhaust that allow exhaust to go straight through the muffler allowing more flow at WOT. Of course us mod-happy guys install the switch that allow us to manually open and close our valves. I bought the B&B Fusion exhaust for mine which is louder and prettier than the stock cans but retains the Bi-mode exhaust (for those late nights pulling into the neighborhood). I actually have my stock bi-mode exhaust cans and tips sitting in my garage. I sold the set to a buddy of mine for $20. He may or may not be using them. FYI. :chevy:

i see. so it uses the throttle positioning sensor, the sensor tells it to open to straight exhaust.... i get it. is there really any benefit if i could make it work on my ss? i have a bser roll pan and i'm wanting to do some fiberglass work and french the exhaust exiting out the roll pan.

i like cutouts but something about the vette exhaust makes me wanna see if i can get it to work on my truck. if i can't i'll prolly just go with the cutouts. i just need to figure out how activate them at x rpm

My boss just bought a ’08 Z51 Vette and it has the “Mild to Wild” exhaust. It has a remote, like a key fob. With the exhaust opened up it sounds pretty good, but with it closed it is more quite than my wife’s Cadillac. Everyone may already know, but on the newer Vette systems, one exhaust tip on each muffler is closed off until you activate the switch. It’s a pretty cool set-up, but it could stand to be a little more aggressive in the quite mode. It just seems little odd to have a Vette with less sound than a microwave oven!

The QTP system is way to much imo. Me im running 2 borlas dumped right now and it is plenty mellow for cruising and coming into the neighborhood imo and I would love to have some QTP cutouts for my truck just when I want to be really noticed and loud I can open them.

The QTP system is way to much imo. Me im running 2 borlas dumped right now and it is plenty mellow for cruising and coming into the neighborhood imo and I would love to have some QTP cutouts for my truck just when I want to be really noticed and loud I can open them.

Got a video clip of your exhaust? Curious how the Borla's sound.

i see. i can tig a new set of tips on them.... i didn't know if they'd be worth it for the mufflers. i like the corsa exhaust but it doesn't say if the exhaust on the sound clip is the sport or the touring for the silverado ss.