PCM for Less

:chevy: Just wanted everyone to know that I am convinced that Brian at PCMforLess is the BEST... I obtained a new PCM from him and installed it a two weeks ago Saturday. Results were pretty impressive right away, but last wekend my Grandson and I went to the NHRA race in Bristol, Tn. - well I am truely impressed now.. Gas milage was better, performance was really impressive, and the "tune up" really made my Flowmaster "growl". My only concern was that the full throttle upshift from 1st to 2nd, was extreemly violent (exciting too), and I thought that he may have gone overboard - I was wrong. Talked to Brian about this and he said the improved shift points only made the transmission work better, and he could tune it back if I desired. I don't think I will.. I think that I will just have to "love" the way it feels when it screams past the guy next to me and tries to give me whiplash at the gear changes.. I am only glad we have all wheel drive as I would be buying new tires every couple of months!!!! Thanks, Brian, for making my SS run like my user name (Big Vette). I will always recommend you to others.... :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Thanks for the reply. I have a desire to play with LS1 Edit and wanted to purchase a file that is written with it. Would you sell a tune file and what would be the cost to do it that way vise the computer send-off? If you could send me a pm so we can discuss it in more detail.

I am planning the upgrades in phases and want to program it that way. Do you sell LS1 Edit or any other program to modify these vehicles?

Lee, click on the link at the top of the page, the prices were right in there last time I checked. He is damn near half the price!!!

And with all the praise he is getting I can't wait to get mine. :cheers:

Got mine today, there was a delay waiting for '03 PCM's to be returned but I was fine with it. I was really stoked to get home and install it. I installed it and had to go through the security relearn process which took about 35 minutes. I hopped in the truck with great hopes of the new tune, backed out of the driveway, put it in drive, and it would not move. I slowly revved the motor to see if it would eventually move but it didn't want to move forward. I dropped it into 1 and it started to move but was very sluggish(like it was actually in 2nd). I decided to take it out on the street. It was very responsive but only seems to have 2nd and 3rd gear. I brought it home, put the old PCM back in and it runs just fine.

I left Bryan a message, and am sure I will hear back from him. It just sucks to be all stoked for a "new truck" and then have to wait a bit longer.

Archived