Swirls And Scratches?

The swirls and the scratches are driving me nuts. What can I use to get rid of them??? My truck is red it looks nice when its dark out, but in the light you can see the swirls. The swirls have been there since I first got my truck. Any help greatly appreciated Thanks!!

Hey steve, I use Adams products and i cant say enough about them. They work wonders!! Dont waste your time or money on the crap you find at auto zone.

Two biggest things you need for the swirls is an orbital (i have the portercable) and a good swirl remover.

I would be more than happy to help you out if you want. I have all the right stuff.

Heres what I use.

www.griotsgarage.com

You need to polish out the scratches with a orbital buffer then apply wax, Griots will not burn into the paint at all get there video.

Clay

:withstupid: I love Griot's Garage stuff.......this is mine after their Paint Cleaning Clay, Machine 3 Polish, and two coats of their Best of Show Wax.......

HPIM1155.jpg

1. Porter Cable DA Polisher or better yet The Flex

2. 2 passes with Mequiars M105 with either an orange pad or white pad (depends on the severity of scratches

3. 2 passes with Meguiars M205 with a white pad or grey pad

4. Wax or Sealent of your choice I recommend either Adams or Zaino.

5. check out www.autopia.org for more than enough information on detailing. Also do a search on this forum, this topic has been discussed MANY times this year.

Edited by SS Silv (see edit history)

A porter cable and an assortment of polishes will be where to start. You'll also need things like claybars, detail spray, microfiber, etc.

The Adams videos are a great overview of the detailing process. If you need more in depth info you can always feel free to hit me up as well.

You can watch the videos for free here: http://www.adamspolishes.com/t-videos.aspx

if your on a budget mcguires scratch-x works pretty decent for the price, and being a hand polish.

:withstupid: another budget friendly product that i have used is zymol...its around 15 bucks, last a while, and cleans up scratches and swirls good.