Fueling For 2.8 Pulley

Just wondering what type of fueling upgrades I would need to support a 2.8 pulley on my Radix 112 for my 03 SSS(Injectors, Pump, etc) without having it run too lean? I am in the process of getting my transmission done, so I'm not worried about that. Thanks

We've used a single Walbro in-tank 255 on several return-style (2003) trucks with great success; best place to get the pump is to call Magnusson, they will sell you a kit specifically for the 2003 SSS including new fuel sock etc, cost is about $150 shipped.

Mr. P.

...Need to list your other mods other than the Radix and a 2.8" pulley.

If you were stock and just installed the COMPLETE Radix kit, the stock fuel pump and the in-line Walbro from the kit will be fine. Your 42# injectors should also be fine if you have just the Radix kit and the 2.8" pulley as well HOWEVER, you will need some tuning work done as you are changing your air mass models with the smaller pulley (increased boost) which will affect fueling. Timing changes may also be necessary depending on what pulley you are currently running.

...Need to list your other mods other than the Radix and a 2.8" pulley.

If you were stock and just installed the COMPLETE Radix kit, the stock fuel pump and the in-line Walbro from the kit will be fine. Your 42# injectors should also be fine if you have just the Radix kit and the 2.8" pulley as well HOWEVER, you will need some tuning work done as you are changing your air mass models with the smaller pulley (increased boost) which will affect fueling. Timing changes may also be necessary depending on what pulley you are currently running.

Yea, I have basically everything that comes with the Radix kit on the truck now(in-line pump and 42# injectors). Didn't know if I needed anything else to support the kind of boost a 2.8 pulley would make. I thought I saw a thread on here that said they run too lean with the stock Radix components.

The only other performance mods are a dual exhaust, K/N filter and 160 T-Stat...but I have been considering headers as well.

You will have enough injector for the 2.8 pulley then since you are an 03 return style fuel system. All you will need is tuning for the swap at this point. Consider an injector upgrade in the future with more mods though.

You will have enough injector for the 2.8 pulley then since you are an 03 return style fuel system. All you will need is tuning for the swap at this point. Consider an injector upgrade in the future with more mods though.

Alright thats good news then, less money to spend right away....thanks for the help.

With a stock cam you should be able to use just the stock pump with the inline and the injectors that came in the kit. The trucks that have a problem with a 2.8" pulley and the parts that come with the Magnuson kit are the 04' and up with the returnless fuel system. With your truck being an 03', you'll be fine. Add a cam though and you may want to switch to some SVO green top injectors.