Re-chrome Wheels?

I have a set of four 22X10 wheels that I would like to send out to be re-chromed. They are approx 5 years old and are in decent shape but they are scratched up and generally dull looking. I have attached a picture of them.

These wheels have been discontinued and instead of buying a new brand/style I would like to have these refinished.

Can anyone recommend a HIGHLY reliable and reputable place to have this done? I already got a few quotes and they seem to be all over the board. Once place i got a quote for about $900 and another place quoted me close to $1600. I have had some communications with http://www.calchrome.com/ and they seem to be on the "up and up".

Any suggestions?

pulled_03-29-08490Large.jpg

I would be carefull when dealing with any chrome place in cali. The state has done a fair job of making it very hard to get a good chrome job in this state, do to cracking down because of the chemicals involved and everything else. I havent seen any done by that shop, but the ones I have seen done locally just didint hold up long at all. Just a thougth, maybe look into a shop that does harley parts mostly. We all know those guys are big on chrome, bound to be some out there that do good work and can do your wheels.

General Chrome in Alpharetta, GA - Has anyone ever dealt with this company? i'm sending them a set of wheels to be stripped and re-chromed and was hoping for some feedback on them as a company.

Has anyone ever sent out wheels to be re-chromed to any company? How was your expereince and what all was involved? Anything to watch out for?

Thanks.

IMG_0945Large.jpg

Edited by Holty (see edit history)

I did an exchange with Lakeshore Wheel and Tire on my 03 Dodge Dakota where they sent me the chromed version of my factory wheels and I sent back the wheels from my truck in exchange. I was very satisifed with the quality of the chroming.

Here are a couple of pics after installing the chromed stockers:

P3230074.jpg

P3230073.jpg