I Love California!

rivierakid55

just payed the reg for the SS....$480.00 later. :( up roughly $100.00 bucks from last september.

Damn ....

I pay $81.00 for two year for Special Plates, usually it is only $41.00 for two years.

We also have to pay a $29.00 a year inspection fee.

$480.00 is outrageous ... Whats your insurance like then ...

Because I have a camper shell on mine I register it non-commercial and it cuts right at 100.00 a year off the registration. The only down side is I cant haul stuff in the bed but its actually a good side because I cant help people move, HA!

Isn't it called racketeering?

You MUST HAVE THIS... we are the ONLY ones to get it from... YOU have to pay US what WE say ....

The ironic part is: it's our cars (already taxed) that we paid for (with our taxed employment income), driven on a road (paid for by our taxes), patrolled by LEO (paid for by our taxes), and "registered" by the DMV (paid for by our taxes), and made law by politicians (paid for by our taxes) that run a state government (paid for by our taxes), that decide we need to PAY MORE TAXES!

Makes your head spin.

If that's interesting to you, you should see the breakdown of currency exchange. Cash is really the governments profitable credit card.

I forget how it worked, but the idea was that each dollar in circulation at any given time makes the government about $600,000 in taxes. Considering how many times that one dollar was taxed (between income, sales, profits). It was a wild theory.

Another one was about a baseball. By the time it was made, transfered, then sold, it made the government about $900. (It would take a 4 page post to explain, but I studied the diagram and it made sense).

I'll try to find then post.