Powder Coating Gone Wrong!

defensetaa

Well I got my 22's powder coated black, and oh boy, they turned out terrible. The 'accredited shop' is ran by somebody who just didnt know what he was doing. I was washing the truck a couple days ago and while I was washing the front drivers wheel with the mitt, a huge 2" square flaked off. When I first got them, they looked awesome! I think I have pics, if not ill get some. I just had to get that off my chest.

post-15636-1254965141_thumb.jpg

post-15636-1254965159_thumb.jpg

Well I got my 22's powder coated black, and oh boy, they turned out terrible. The 'accredited shop' is ran by somebody who just didnt know what he was doing. I was washing the truck a couple days ago and while I was washing the front drivers wheel with the mitt, a huge 2" square flaked off. When I first got them, they looked awesome! I think I have pics, if not ill get some. I just had to get that off my chest.

First off he should have known not to PC chrome.... its doesnt like to adhere.

What shop did the powder coating somewhere in Soldotna or Anchorage? Just wanted to know what shop to watch out for....

Edited by Matt* (see edit history)

What shop did the powder coating somewhere in Soldotna or Anchorage? Just wanted to know what shop to watch out for....

Same here, I'm planning on getting my 3rd set of wheels for next summer coated and definitely don't need that to happen. I hope the shops gonna make it right for you..