New Businesss

gbspigskin

Hey all,

Most of you might not know me on here i havent been on much lately. Unfortunately like many of you the economy has taken work away from some of us. Now im turning to you folks for some help. I am a union heavy equipment operator for Local 150 in the chicago, indiana, and iowa area. I was laid off last year the weekend before thanksgiving. In my time off i have been busy trying to take advantage of a bad situation. I have typed up and compiled research and business plans for many of business ventures i have been interested in taking on. After the research and business plans were complete i weeded out ones that no longer seemed to be exciting to me. I finally found one that i am good at and that i enjoy. I am proud to say i have incorperated my own demolition company titled Windy City Demolition Inc. and am looking for jobs. I am now in the works of taking advantage of any potential advertising oppertunities and this is where i turn to you guys. I view this forum and the people that partake in it as an extended family because of the love we share for a single truck. I would appreciate any and all job referrals from you guys as well as if you have a job you yourself might need done. A few areas of demolition i cover are concrete/asphalt removal, residential/commercial structural demolition, selective demolition, complete interior tear out and much more. If you have any questions or can help in any way i would greatly appreciate it. I do offer a "finders fee" for the instance that you should refer a job to me that i end up doing that job. Again i know this might look like a desperate move posting this on here, but i have big dreams for the direction of this company. At this point i would like to say again i appreciate any help. Thank you all.

Chris

Contact Information

Windy City Demolition

847-682-5889

[email protected]

Edited by gbspigskin (see edit history)

I have a cousin that does about the same thing and he started his business by calling local banks and real estate companies and provided them with foreclosure removal of unwanted goods, and tearing out walls that past owners destroyed before losing their homes. Then the real estate companies had him do demo on driveways and exterior buildings so they could sell homes in foreclosure. In this day there are alot of foreclosures and i'm not saying its a gold mine but your name can be in someones yard and in someones mind. Good luck with the business.

Edited by sinr98 (see edit history)

Ill keep your number around. I know lots of people in the foreclosure and development business. Ill try and put in a good word for you. I always enjoy helping out local business.

thanks a lot i really appreciate it. if you need any business cards to give to people please PM me and i will get your address and send some to you. I hope something works out!

I have a cousin that does about the same thing and he started his business by calling local banks and real estate companies and provided them with foreclosure removal of unwanted goods, and tearing out walls that past owners destroyed before losing their homes. Then the real estate companies had him do demo on driveways and exterior buildings so they could sell homes in foreclosure. In this day there are alot of foreclosures and i'm not saying its a gold mine but your name can be in someones yard and in someones mind. Good luck with the business.

yeah thats something i have been thinkin about doing with the banks, i just didnt know how well it would work out, but since it has worked for someone else that is in the same business im in its worth a shot. Thanks for the advice i really appreciate it and thanks for the luck!

Good luck with your new business venture. I ran the same type demo business for years (about 20) and i enjoyed every minute of it. I have been on equipment and in the seat of dumptrucks since i was old enough to walk. It is a highly competitve and cutthroat business but the one that says what he does and does what he says usually wins out. Word of mouth is the best advertisement you can have so keep the customers happy and all will fall into place. In order to make that or any business work you have got to be dedicated and a really good public relations person. It is always kind of scary at first but stick with it and do the jobs as if you were doing the work for yourself and not someone else and you should be just fine. There are a lot of crooked business people out there and the world sure could use more honest ones. Again good luck.

Had to edit: i just noticed the color of your truck. You will be fine you picked the best color!

Edited by redsilveradoSS (see edit history)

wow congrats Chris. i wish nothing but great success for you and your new business i am in washington but i will spread the word for ya i know a few ppl in your area so mabey they can spread the word as well. G/L brother