Got my nitrous put on!

d_a_n_payne

I finally got it on and decided to try it out. I went to a dead end and took off. The back tires spun a little. It was the greatest feeling! I stopped at about 1/8 of a mile. When I did my truck turned off and my battery and check engine light came on. I got tears in my eyes just about. What I thought was smoke, was going everywhere. I looked under the hood and my intake was frozen and nitrous was everywhere! My right wheel well was frozen and my truck wouldnt start for about 5 minutes. Then I guess the MAF warmed up and it started up. So i drove it to the shop and the guy told me the nitrous solenoid was bad or it needed to be cleaned out. (Anyone have a good solenoid for sale?) I took the solenoid out and I didnt see anything to clean out so I guess I will just replace it. So now whenever I open my bottle up nitrous just blows through the intake.

Thank God I closed the throttle at 1/8 of a mile. I dont know what would have happened. How much are solenoids usually?

you are damn lucky you didn't hurt anything. when something like that happens you should pull the plugs and turn the engine over once. to get all the n2o out before starting it. if not it could be really bad, too much n2o and not enough fuel

I turned the truck off, closed the remote opener and closed the bottle. But by the time i did that my wheel well was frozen and of course my intake tube. My MAF was prolly 200 degrees below. :(

It was supposed to be 100hp shot with a 51n and a 34f. Im not sure how much hp it actually was but it was a little wet and my back tires spun. I have NEVER spun my tires.

I just ordered a new nitrous solenoid. I was gonna try to fix mine but I figured it would be safer to order a new one, since i got REAL lucky this time. I also ordered a new fuel solenoid, just incase.

Do you have a filter inline. Sometimes small particles can be trapped in your bottle or lines without a filter.

I am installing nos this week. You also need an idea of air/fuel ratio. I am gonna try this out air/fuel switch otherwise you don't know how your truck is running except for maybe fast. Not enough control for me I am also getting the gauge for it. They will make one to match out factory lights like the autometer phantom.

Now I am looking for the biggest nos bottle I can find. Does anyone sell a 50lb nos bottle. I want one huge one under the back seat.

Personally, it seems the switch wouldn't be such a bad idea, maybe safe anyway. However, before I started any of it, I would want to make a few runs monitoring with some type of logging software (EFILive/Autotap), to see what is going on while using it.

I'm no nitrous expert, or any other expert for that matter, but it seems that if you wanted to run a 100+ shot of nitrous, THE most important thing to do would be to monitor how your trucks runs with it - first. Then, add all the whizbang stuff you want.

I agree. However it is kinda hard to monitor software while driving with nos on and this switch is a very reliable insurance that things don't get ugly fast. I was in a car with one and saw it in action. I was impressed. The zex kit I have heard is not reliable at all.

I agree. However it is kinda hard to monitor software while driving with nos on and this switch is a very reliable insurance that things don't get ugly fast. I was in a car with one and saw it in action. I was impressed. The zex kit I have heard is not reliable at all.

I'm sure your N2O on, is not any worse than the Radix. You don't have to look at it until the end of the run. You record the run.

The switch works in an instant before damage can occur. If you are lean during the whole run you could cause damage. N2O is not good for your trucks at all. I agree. Kills your engine pretty fast.

how is it any different than a S/C?? as long as u do not lean out u should be alright..

Archived