Want to know what a raised SS looks like?

Phase two of my project is underway - finally. Motor goes into the speed shop tomorrow for disassembly and block work. It wasn't two hard, only took 5-6 hours.

102_0287.JPG

102_0286.JPG

Hopefully another 3 weeks, or so and I'll be putting it back in. We'll see.

I am impressed. That looks like a lot of work! Your neighbors must think you are nuts, taking an engine out of a new truck :D

So what are you going to do with the box of left over nuts and bolts ? :jester:

Really wasn't that bad. Easier than the head install - by far.

Neighbors must. My hood is up a lot of the time. Especially over the last 3-4 months. Almost every weekend it seemed it has been something. Maybe the insanity will stop one day, who knows?

I know my neighbors have questioned me. Really late night installs and crawling up under before work, etc...

Glad it went quickly. Are you taking the complete motor to them?

Really wasn't that bad.  Easier than the head install - by far.

Thats what I've been thinking about. Do I install heads now, then have to take them off to top off a built motor, or just keep them boxed up until I decide to build a motor. Save time and money...

Yeah, whole motor is going, minus the radix.

For your heads, I guess it all depends how bad you want the extra power the heads will give you. Hard to look at them everyday - I know. Do you think a motor build is anywhere in your near future? If not, I'd go ahead.

Lee, that table is pretty badass. :thumbs: I little heavy for my taste, though. :P

chiel, driving a '91 Honda Accord. Our beater car. It gets stroked next. :jester:

Adam, the engine is being disassembled, bored .030" and cleaned. Then, in will go all forged internals (Fully balanced Callies rotating assemby - Callies 4" stroker crank, billet rods, Diamond pistons. All Federal Mogul heavy duty race bearings and every bolt is being replaced by ARP bolts, including head studs, with the exception of the crank bolt - not worth the $30) with still using the Radix.

bored .030" and cleaned.  Then, in will go all forged internals (Fully balanced Callies rotating assemby - Callies 4" stroker crank, billet rods, Diamond pistons.  All Federal Mogul heavy duty race bearings and every bolt is being replaced by ARP bolts, including head studs, with the exception of the crank bolt - not worth the $30) with still using the Radix.

Non-english, non-english, non-english, non-english :confused: .... RADIX ! :D

I know what that word means...

WW :lol:

Archived