What will you SS guys do next?

90 Silverado 350

An open element filter of some kind, programmer soon after, bed liner, bed cover, floor liners in the cab, maybe a set of wheels by Christmas...just depends on the factory wheel in person. :chevy:, light tint on the side windows..............

hmm..If you are getting cloth seats then I would be interested in trying to purchase your front buckets. I am thinking of getting a RCSB 2WD and making my own SS. I do like the interior features though. Maybe we can make a deal.

-Corey

Actually, I am going to have my existing front seats partially re-upholstered in cloth. And while the truck is down for that, I will send the wheels out for polishing too. :cool:

I am going to take the seats out myself and take them to an upholstery shop and have them remove the leather covers and sew in new cloth panels in the places that touch the body (butt and back). Since the leather sides and backs of the seats should last longer than plastic, why change that part? I am not sure what the Avalanche seats look like, so I dunno on that one.

if you get the wheels polished, what are you going to do about the plastic center caps? i'm going to wait for gm to make the wheels chrome and try to buy some. pretty safe bet they will make them chrome or even polished.

if you get the wheels polished, what are you going to do about the plastic center caps? i'm going to wait for gm to make the wheels chrome and try to buy some. pretty safe bet they will make them chrome or even polished.

I was not eve sure, util recently that the centers were plastic. I am going to look at a set of SS wheels that a local shop is having chromed for someone else and see how the plastic centers worked out.

Build a Motor and be done.

For guys on a budget take the 6.0 out and bore it sixty over get a set of diamond pistons and Balance the hell out of the motor. Then send those 316 heads out for a good port job and nice set of valves. Next add a cam that will rev to 6500 and put a dual timing chain on while you are in there messing around. With 375ci on tap, more compression, and a good cam, and a true balanced motor. It should rev out and make well over 450HP.

Guys with no budget take the 6.0 out bore it sixty over buy a 4.0 inch crank and a set of Olivers and pistons. Get the heads done and pick out a big cam.

Now you are working with 409ci and should make well over 500hp

Guys like me who are just crazy. Buy a Racecase from GM cost ($6000). Add a done set of LS6 heads good crank, rods, pistons, bearings, gaskets, cam etc..... NOW you motor is indestructible and has 427ci. HP is now at well over 600HP.

Now if that is not enough buy a Procharger or NOS.

Archived