Truck Got Hit

superslowss

So I noticed late today a big scratch along my front bumper where some jerk hit me in the campus parking lot... I'm going to see if there were camera in that lot but I don't think there are any :( . Pisses me off that someone just rams my truck trying to squeeze into a spot and does not have the balls to leave a note or something. Hopefully if there are cameras they can see a LP number and track the guy / girl down.

The good news is I have a friend who does a lot of paint work so he is going to try and touch up paint it, wet sand and buff it. The truck has gone 120200 miles without being hit but I guess it finally had to happen eventually :sigh:

here is a quick pic of the carnage

100_1404.jpg

I feel ya bud, some annoying woman at my fathers house blocked me in so I tried to squeeze out and knicked the garage door. First time to my knowledge the truck has been touched/knicked/hit. Im just lucky a good scratch remover and 2 coats of wax covers it up nicely, but it does need a repaint. Im going to wait for a paint job when I do some custom stuff to my truck in a few years down in FL.

I know how you feel this exact same thing has happened to me before to (not on the ss luckily), my 2000 gmc's front bumper got a chunk taken out by a trailer and my truck before that's front grill got hit in a parking lot taking out the marker light and grill corner. All were hit and runs.

That looks familiar, happened to me about 2-1/2 years ago on the driver's front corner. My front bumper has been repainted twice now because the first body shop did a sh*t repair. :freak: Best of luck finding the culprit......

Hope you find them. I try parking as far away as possible but I still get the people that park next to you and ding/dent things. I came out one night from a movie and my mirror was bent backwards and my door was rubbed up against. People just have no respect and can't appreciate that some people try to keep their vehicles nice! :mad::rant: Sorry lol. I hope you get it fixed. At least its not bent or anything.

hey man where do u go to school?? im up here at a&m. theres a red 03-04 ss here that looks just like urs and ive never seen him close enough to talk to him.

I'm at the University of Houston. I know a few people that go there, sounds like a pretty fun school. :cheers:

As for parking far away... I already park at a lot that is hella far away from class lol. Even then those outer lots are packed full by the time I leave in the afternoon. I think I'm just going to park on the very edge of the lot so one side of the truck is where no one can park by it. Still havent decided if it would be better to nose in or back in... :wtf:

Also, my friend is going to try and fix it today so I will post pics later on how it turns out! :chevy:

people just suck @ss these days. I've got marks on my bumper where somebody rubbed it then decided not to tell me. also my passenger side mirror was rubbed and of course no note or anything. My door caught a guys mirror and broke it and I left a note. He got back to me later and I paid for a new mirror that he installed. It would be nice if people would do the same. but like I said people suck @ss. I hope they get theres f'ing losers. Hope you find the @ss that messed up your bumper. :cheers:

good luck on finding the person who did it and with the repair. Ive only had a hand full on incidents on my truck like people hitting the mirrors there are a few scratches and on my rear bumper it seems that someone with a really low white car got underneath my bumper one time or another and the right half is very slightly pushed upward. Its very hard to tell from standing and just looking at it but I can notice it. Some people just have no respect for other peoples things and it pisses me off.

Sorry to hear that.

Get this I got rearended at 50 mph in my TBSS on thursday. I feel like shit. Feels like I got hit in the low back and ass with a jack hammer. Saw her coming and couldn't do anything about it.

*Another great stat. Thats my 14th accident. Unbelievable.