Whats The Dumbest Question Any Ones Asked About Your Truck

JSTAL

I pulled into my local chevy dealership to get some parts and the salesmen out side said my truck was making a funny noise. I told him it was my blowoff valve and that it was turboed. he said i know all the SS are. He then said they dont all make that much noise and that i should get one of there techs to check it out.

Another good one people in my town always tell me is that my supercharger sounds really good. I tell them its turboed and they try to tell me that they dont make turbo kits for my truck.

the other day i had some guy ask me why i didn't turn on my 4wd. (still have my 5 year old 20in tires on, not my winter ones yet).

when i first got the truck, i debadged it (put em back on a few years ago.) but this person told me he liked my SS knock off.

This is my guess - because Magnusson offered to pick-up the 3/36 warranty coverage, a few dealers upfitted the trucks on their own as a dealer installed option and that way the cost was able to be rolled into the financing. I know for fact that Chapman Chevrolet in Phoenix was selling "Chapman Super Trucks", they were Silverados with dealer installed Radix kits & ASM headers and were advertised as running low-13s off the showroom floor with full emissions compliance and warranty.

Mr. P.

Thanks for the clarification :cheers:

you guys have some good ones and ive experieced a few . the best one i can recall was "is it fast " ???

LMFAO!!! thats pretty funny :P ... u bastard :wtf::( ...

:lol:

-Rob

Edited by BlkSSnCpt (see edit history)

My favorite question actually wasn't to me I was pumping gas and these 2 construction workers where coming and and the one guy asked the other one"why would you put SS badges on a truck" that made me laugh

Must have been a Carpenter! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I had a friend of mine try to convince me that my Procharger whine was actually a water pump. I told them it was a supercharger and they continued to argue with me that it was a water pump. So I conceited and told them I would get it looked at. :jester:

I had a friend of mine try to convince me that my Procharger whine was actually a water pump. I told them it was a supercharger and they continued to argue with me that it was a water pump. So I conceited and told them I would get it looked at. :jester:

Never surrender! Fight them to the death... then put it on youtube.

Well, I have not had many dumbass questions but one was if my 2005 SS was an imposter and I said what is it supposed to be? I was offended and asked are there many imposters here in Central Texas? Our course I was in a performance shop surrounded by mustangs and his dually chevy had SS badging??? WTF! We are good now though but it was funny.

My friend saw my Volant intake under my hood and said wow, you never told me your truck is supercharged!!! and I told him no, and he continued to argue since his friend has a Volant intake on his truck and he calls it a supercharger, lol.

or my other friend claims he took the Turbo off his dads power stroke diesel and put it on his Mazda mini van, lol