Radix Boost Q&A

He'll see 12s with it (if he ever goes to the track). Even under a low boost situation, the NA power from a well rounded motor should put it there.  Of course, its going to come down to the 60' time.  If there is boost and stroker torque and his TT2600 stalls high enough (which it should), it will happen.

I wanted to add to BigTex's very good observation, BEN please take this set-up to the track. Thank you. With a 408 at 9:1 you should be in the low 13's without the blower.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree on the point of spinning blowers too fast. Its difficult to balance the pumping efficiency vs. temperature rise vs. parasitic power loss when operating at the extremes of the blower map. Viewed strictly as a pump, it's gonna be happiest (most efficient) right in the middle of the sweet spot of the blower map. As has been mentioned, seems better to tune the engine combo around the sweet spot of the blower and set it up to stay in that power band.

Another point that seems relevant with all this talk of cams and boost - the intake. Besides the Radix, most other blowers use the stock intake. It has been shown that the truck intakes are good up to around 6000rpm or so, but then the flow starts to drop off. To me, this seems like another good reason to design an engine combo that spins no higher than maybe 6200-6300. Just build the power band to be in the 4000-6000 range, and match up your shifts... but I digress.

Obviously, the Radix has its own intake. I have heard of porting these. But if the MP112 was designed for a 5.0L engine, it seems a little small for a 6.0L.

Thanks Dennis, Ben and Zippy. Appreciate the info and advise. :thumbs:

Do have one question. As I don't take my ride to the track the only lay-person's way I have to judge speed is 0-60. The car mags say our rides do it in 6.3 and 6.7 depending on which rag you are reading. I'm sure much of the difference was due to temp, altitude etc that each test was performed at. Anyway, has anyone with a Radix checked 0-60 times?

Thanks

Using EFILive, I have 0-60 times of about 5.5 seconds. It is hard to be exact, since EFILive only reports things every 1/10 of a second. But 5.5 seconds is in the middle of the data points I have.

I have calculated my 0-60 times based off my 1/8 miles time and MPH. It came out to be 5.53 sec. which i think is pretty respectable for a N/A truck.

Link: http://www.teamnabr.com/modules.php?name=C...=showpage&pid=8

Have fun with this, it is not 100% accurate just another way to get an idea :D

I have calculated my 0-60 times based off my 1/8 miles time and MPH. It came out to be 5.53 sec. which i think is pretty respectable for a N/A truck.

Link: http://www.teamnabr.com/modules.php?name=C...=showpage&pid=8

Have fun with this, it is not 100% accurate just another way to get an idea :D

thats pretty cool, shows i am at 4.32, but i dont know how accuriate that is

Archived