Malibutwins Build

malibutwins

Well as you all know my transmission went so I pulled it out for a total rebuild and while the truck is down I deceided to pull the engine to do my build. I am doing a forged 408 with l92 heads and a mild cam.

Engine build:

iron 6.0 block .030 over

Mahle forged flat tops

Eagle 4.000" Stroke Forged Stroker Crankshaft

Eagle 6.125" H-Beam Connecting Rods with ARP 8740 Rod Bolts

Comp cams XER287HR .605 .609 lift 238 240 dur @.050 on 112 lca

L92 heads with matching valve springs for cam

victor l92 intake with elbow 90mm tb

42 lb injectors.

Comp cams pushrods

Comp cams billet timing chain set

Keep you all posted!

heck yea sounds like a good plan to me. hopefully one day ill be able to keep up with you guys lol the army doesnt pay to well so for now i am s.o.l.

G/L keep us posted on the build

Looks like a sweet build and should be a monster! You'll love it.

to me over 700 lift on a truck that is driven pretty regularly is alot . especially being hydraulic. i think that cam you have would work fine . if not thats what ls1tech fs section is for.

Yea I agree, my original cam was in the 650's however real high lift on a street truck isn't worth the extra HP IMHO. You are really beating the crap out of the valve train at that point for a driver. I went with low 600's on that note to get a little longer life out of my components.

Looks like a sweet build and should be a monster! You'll love it.

Yea I agree, my original cam was in the 650's however real high lift on a street truck isn't worth the extra HP IMHO. You are really beating the crap out of the valve train at that point for a driver. I went with low 600's on that note to get a little longer life out of my components.

same here 61x on the high side

btw good luck on the 408 , seems alot of ss guys are going to be running n/a 408s with some compression soon. now if someone would get their truck track !