Malibutwins Build

malibutwins

I am very exceited about this build and so is the machine shop doing the machine work. I am trying to do this build on proven builds aka (copying other builds). Gm high tech 408 performance did a couple of builds so.... look up 408 Lq9 Budget Engine Build. Some of the basic parts have been changed but I hope to make 500 crankshaft hp and of course I am doing a direct port 250hp nitrous setup. For a grand total of 750 hp. I hope the drive line will hold up. I will be dynoing this engine on a engine dyno na and with the n20 so I will have real #'s. Block is prepped and the rotating assembly is balanced.

I am very exceited about this build and so is the machine shop doing the machine work. I am trying to do this build on proven builds aka (copying other builds). Gm high tech 408 performance did a couple of builds so.... look up 408 Lq9 Budget Engine Build. Some of the basic parts have been changed but I hope to make 500 crankshaft hp and of course I am doing a direct port 250hp nitrous setup. For a grand total of 750 hp. I hope the drive line will hold up. I will be dynoing this engine on a engine dyno na and with the n20 so I will have real #'s. Block is prepped and the rotating assembly is balanced.

you should easily make your HP goal... there are guys out there now making 500RWHP out of 370cid engines, and yes they are driving them on the street everyday.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I heard from my machine shop and they were mocking up the short block and weren't happy with the morel pistons. They said either deck the block more or get small dome pistons. So I said lets get the pistons that will be correct. They are ordering new pistons from wiseco. These are nitrous duty pistons +5cc dome and 2618 alloy. Still waiting for my intake!!

• 1 year later...

I am bringing this build back from the dead. As life throws us things we dont expect I had to put the build on the back burner. But I have been busy with getting parts and doing a lot of transmission rebuilds for extra cash to support the build process. With that being said. I will be posting some pics soon.

Edited by malibutwins (see edit history)