Had To Buy A New Batt

mcmahan

I have used them in my mustang and lightning and hate them. The mustang I went thru six battieries in a year. And the lightning went thru around 13 in two years. They would work good for a few months then they would develop a dead cell in them. Lucky all of them were under warranty. Did I say I hated them :mad:

I have used them in my mustang and lightning and hate them. The mustang I went thru six battieries in a year. And the lightning went thru around 13 in two years. They would work good for a few months then they would develop a dead cell in them. Lucky all of them were under warranty. Did I say I hated them :mad:

lol thanks for the heads up i have a 3 yr warranty hope i have good luck with it

They seem to be better now. This all happened when they fist came out with these batteries. It just left a bitter tast in my mouth for them.

i understand you on that got my fingers crossed for the money it better last me 100 years lol

I had 2 of them in one of my trucks with a full blown system. I sold that truck without the system and kept both batteries. The next truck I just put one in it and put the other back in the garage. About 3 yrs later the battery gave up. So went to the garage got the other thinking that this one sitting here for 3 yrs won't do anything. Put it on the truck and it fired right up just like a new one, no grunting or anything. I used it for about another 3 years in the truck before I bought the SS. I let it go with it because I didn't have anything to replace it, if I would of had another I would of kept it. So if you ask me would I own one, the answer is YES SIR I WOULD!!!!!!!!! Actually I took the battery out of the SS and bought a yellow top to put in it. They say not to put a battery on a concrete floor because it will drain them, don't know if that's true or not. If it is then that battery sat on the concrete floor for 3 yrs with no problem. I'M SOLD.

I am running one now and it has lasted 4 years. I had one prior and it died in 3 months. IMO, I think Optimas are just over rated. My friend had a Kirkland pos in his ranger and would leave the ignition on for hours at a time constantly running the radio and a/c without the motor running to save gas. It was his temp home. That battery never gave him problems whatsoever, and the truck would crank up without hesitation even bumping 4 12's.

I am running one now and it has lasted 4 years. I had one prior and it died in 3 months. IMO, I think Optimas are just over rated. My friend had a Kirkland pos in his ranger and would leave the ignition on for hours at a time constantly running the radio and a/c without the motor running to save gas. It was his temp home. That battery never gave him problems whatsoever, and the truck would crank up without hesitation even bumping 4 12's.

How did he run the a/c without the engine running lol :D