Anyone W/ 6-7 Lbs Boost Chime In Please

joeyg

Ok, mods are in sig and title and description pretty much say it all.

I've got TR6's @ .035 and MSD wires. She breaks up around 4800 rpm and the check engine light blinks (probably due to several misfires). I believe it's the plug wires :banghead: ...the CEL does not stay on.

Anyone else with close to my set up, what plugs and wires r u running? Chances are I'm going back to AC Delco and NEW TR6 plugs at .035. Anyone recomend the TR55's, if so... why?

I ran into this problem on my Vette with a 125 N20 Zex shot. I replaced the after market wires back to AC Delco and it cleared right up!

On the SSS 1st to 2nd gear she's fine cause of how quick the accel is, but 2nd to 3rd is BAD! :nopity:

Also, I've got a gatorback belt, any one need to spray belt dressing? I think it may still be slipping a little. On a 5.3, it'd get to 6.5 psig on two different trucks, now on the 6.0... 5 psig, but I really think it's due to slippage.

:rant:

Unfortunately, there are so many possible causes that guessing at it will probably end up costing you more in the long run than getting some sort of scanner on there to see what's the issue. Could be an absolute lack of timing or far far too much timing, could be way too much fuel or not enough fuel, etc.

I am running 6lbs with MSD wires and Bosch IR fusions. I had that exact problem when I tried using mobil gasoline for a few weeks, and a buddy told me to check on GMs performance website and check what fuel has the best tier in my area. Switched to phillips 66 and i have never had that problem again.