Twin Turbo Build Take 2

JSTAL

OK to understand me Ive never been one to half ass things especially when it comes to my truck. My delema was i wanted some good power from these twins and still have a streetable show truck. I lifted a head on my Lq4 and after i tore it down i desided to build a iron block 370. I got with my local guy and priced out a long block and i was pleased with what i was getting. I was about to purchase the 370 when by happenstance i stumbled on a short block for sale . Many of you know of Kurt Urban perfromance and his turbo builds. I bought Mark Koehlers LSX 447 short block and im gonna build the twins on top of it. Ill be using Trick flow 245s with the same Harlon sharp rockers and the edelbrock proflow i already have. Im not going to give away all the details of the build but I will update as it gets done. Here are some pics of the car it came out of and pics of the short block. Mark told me on the phone that it made nearly 2k Horses. This car went 7.63 @189 with the LSX block. Mark is a stand up guy and has a sweet F body

003_hdr2.jpg

pict5603a.jpg

This is the same setup ill be going with on heads and rockers along with the girdle

in-car-1.jpg

This is the short block i purchased Its a LSX 447ci bored over to 4.155, for the set of Diamond pistons. The Rods are Howards I beam and the crank is a Callies Compstar 4.125 stroke. Every thing hase arp and also it comes with 1/2 inch arp head studs. Im very excited about this motor and i know it will make good power my goal is 4 digits on pump gas and meth.

untitled4.jpg

untitled.jpg

My 4L65e and Yank is up for sale. Ill be running a HPM 4L80e with billet input and intermediate shafts and behind that a DBRODS 4 link w/ 9 inch. I also am having Jon build me a fuel cell so i can get rid of the surge setup.

Be patient with me on this cause im gonna spend alittle extra and do it right.

Edited by MIDNIGHTRIDR (see edit history)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im so glad you ditched the 370 plan and stepped up to the big boy club!! Awesome and welcome lol...

Thing should be a beast, like I said on the phone, do it right the first time, even if it takes a year or more... dont half ass it!

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

do I see a future HP cover truck in the works?? Time will tell... :cheers:

congrats bro

Edited by usabodyguard (see edit history)

Im so glad you ditched the 370 plan and stepped up to the big boy club!! Awesome and welcome lol...

Thing should be a beast, like I said on the phone, do it right the first time, even if it takes a year or more... dont half ass it!

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

do I see a future HP cover truck in the works?? Time will tell... :cheers:

congrats bro

thanks dave means alot to me man

1/2 studs and 6 bolt heads :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

also good luck with the link/80e setup . it may be the direction i take in the long run . what rear end are you looking into?

its all about doing it right even if it takes a little or alot longer. Dave and I can definatly account for that.

1/2 studs and 6 bolt heads :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

also good luck with the link/80e setup . it may be the direction i take in the long run . what rear end are you looking into?

its all about doing it right even if it takes a little or alot longer. Dave and I can definatly account for that.

9inch.... In fact I think a moser M9