I Am New To The Form

1quicktruck

I am from Owasso Oklahoma and was just surfing for info on exhaust when I ran across this site. I own a 2004 Chevy Silverado with a magna charger and shorty headers. Modified tranny(shift kit and corvette servo). Modified posi with and eaton friction disk posi. Having been trying out several different mufflers looking for the perfect sound. I have had 5 mufflers and now cut off the cats and it is way too loud anything past normal speeds but love the sound at idle and in town driving.

I have 285/60/18 inch Helo Max6 black rims on the white chevy . All accessories are black(nerfs and bed liner)

My pictures are posted. Click on my name and also in the gallery section.

Edited by 1quicktruck (see edit history)

Welcome to the site man. Im from OKC myself
Just found your note. Sorry for the delay. If you have followed any of my post I have gone in search of the muffler sound I wanted. I had a turbo,flowmaster 40 and a flow sound 1 chambered muff . the race 1 chambered muff with cats on was ok but still I wanted louder. After cats omg it was deafing and had the glasspack rack a heavy throttle.

In town I loved it and idle omg. The killer was the cabine drone. I ordered a new muff off EBAY and it was called thunderbolt. SS and the body 18" in length(knock off of magnaflow). As to date a deep idle sound quieter in town , has good tone on hard acceleration and very light drone in cab and the rpm range is very short where the drone appears.

Loud doesnt bother me, maybe the cops, its the drone and the other muff was a killer. I am not running true duals , only one muff and two tails all the way out at 2 1/2. I have silverstar bulbs which last about a year but I love the lights as they are killer bright. I buy about all things off of the net and EBAY.

The last muff was only 55.00. The previous muff were a little cheaper. I resale them on craigslist.

Dont like bad tires so at about half life I go on the hunt for new tires. I am running 285/60/18 Falcons ST04 and I really like them. Had Toyo Proxes but 800.00(3yrs ago) a little too pricey.

With shipping and 60.00 to mount and balance I got about 540.00 in the tires. Sold the Nexen I had for 200.00. They were ok but had slight road noise,not bad but you could hear them.

Toyo moved from Japan to somewhere and I heard tire quality is not as good. Falcon are made in Japan.

Foreign tires went up around October as the adminastration is trying to save the US tire manufactures. Funny that most of the US tires are made overseas.(company brand is US but some model of tires are still made overseas(. The increase was quite abit.

I had no idea after installing supercharger all the other thing that would come into play. Had to add Corvette servo as second gear was slipping and Chevy's posi cant hold the power so I had to replace the posi with Eation's friction disk posi, so far so good. Painted calipers red, changed all shocks to heavy duty monroes.

Started new job , this is second day. Retired from American Airlines in 2004. Truck driver for B&B Lighting in Tulsa for 3 1/2 years , worked retail (walmart,lowes) another 1 1/2 . Now I am at AVIS rental cars in Tulsa. No lifting,bending ,stocking or sweeping. Just drive a van around picking up other AVIS drivers and shuffling cars around.

Not much pay. When your a senior citizen no one wants to pay you anything.

I am not a couch potatoe. :chevy: