Everyone's current ride height?

ProOutlaw

OK, I know that I am not the only one that would like to know or could benifit from knowing.

Could everyone please list their current ride height measurments whether your SS is lowered or not. Please measure from the ground thru the center line of the wheel (hub) to the right under the fender. Do this for both front and back.

Also, please list whether your ride is lowered or not and what kind of kit i.e. spindles, shackles, keys, airbags, etc.... and also include what you think about the ride.

I'll go first....

'04 SS Lower with 2" Belltech shackles and ajusted the torsion bars in front. Ride height is 35" front and 35" in rear. I am not happy with the rear shackles as my SS is now bucking very badly on non-smooth roads. With both front and rear the same height, my SS looks goofey! I need to turn the front down about a 1/2" to get a better stance.

OK, I know that I am not the only one that would like to know or could benifit from knowing.

Could everyone please list their current ride height measurments whether your SS is lowered or not. Please measure from the ground thru the center line of the wheel (hub) to the right under the fender. Do this for both front and back.

Also, please list whether your ride is lowered or not and what kind of kit i.e. spindles, shackles, keys, airbags, etc.... and also include what you think about the ride.

I'll go first....

'04 SS Lower with 2" Belltech shackles and ajusted the torsion bars in front. Ride height is 35" front and 35" in rear. I am not happy with the rear shackles as my SS is now bucking very badly on non-smooth roads. With both front and rear the same height, my SS looks goofey! I need to turn the front down about a 1/2" to get a better stance.

I had the same bucking until I flipped the rear load spring. Made a big difference. I'll have to measure again, as I don't remember. Search past posts aswell. Somewhere, I gave my measurements as well as an average measurement for 3 stock SS's on the lot.

Edit, links

Ride Height

Stock...

I'm at 35.0-35.25" up front, 36.25" in the rears.

I noticed going too high on the t-bars will cause all kinds of weird bobbing effects from either end of the vehicle. I've been messing with mine since I owned the truck. I can't get my bone-stock-suspended truck to handle like I want it to.

If/when you do adjust the t-bars, make sure you jack both front wheels up off the ground when you're done. Sometimes something in that whole system doesn't quite sit right until you do this. You may find that you'll need to make another adjustment after doing it.

Archived