Starting My Build On My Truck

USMC Silverado

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SO! here's the thing, i'm going to pull the LQ9 out of my truck in 2 weeks, i'm supposed to be picking up a 1999 Civic for 1200 bucks that is going to become my DD while i work on my truck thing is i don't know a damn thing about these trucks/engines, i'm old school muscle but i've never done this kinda build I wanna do a cam, bigger intake, bigger TB, TB spacer, exhaust, S/C or T/C, and i'm going through the whole engine and replaceing all the rings and seals because it has 72,XXX miles on it and it needs to be fresh because if i'm going to do it why not do it right. but i need help like i said i need advice, i'm going to send my PCM to wheatley once i know everything i'ma do to the truck but i wanna run 8psi w/ a S/C or around 14 psi w/ a T/C i know we have both types on this site and i want a run down by people that have them and how they feel about them. but yes i will start to post pics once it comes apart. and keep everyone updated on my build.

On a funny note i have to build my engine in my bedroom since i don't have a garage here in NC because they are aparently garage Nazi's here.

BTW i'm only looking for like 400 - 450 hp

leave out the tb space those dont work with fuel injected vehicles

Well, i have spoke to the man in VA, it's a 2008 ZO6, it has the LS7 in it, and he is willing to let it go for 1500, i know alot of you all are going to call BS but the fact is that my dad works inconjunction with Exxon/Shell, he's one of the higher ups so the guy that runs the junkyard went to schoolw ith my dad and they are good buddies....where i'm going with this is, dad gives him free gas....so in return i get the hook up on a bitchin' engine....has to be one of the things i LOVE about small towns..everyone knows everyone....not going to lie... if you all want anything... just hit me up in a PM and i'll talk to the owner... i'll do what i can for everyone here.

Well, i have spoke to the man in VA, it's a 2008 ZO6, it has the LS7 in it, and he is willing to let it go for 1500, i know alot of you all are going to call BS but the fact is that my dad works inconjunction with Exxon/Shell, he's one of the higher ups so the guy that runs the junkyard went to schoolw ith my dad and they are good buddies....where i'm going with this is, dad gives him free gas....so in return i get the hook up on a bitchin' engine....has to be one of the things i LOVE about small towns..everyone knows everyone....not going to lie... if you all want anything... just hit me up in a PM and i'll talk to the owner... i'll do what i can for everyone here.

Lucky deal man and thanks for offerin the help :cheers:

You gonna swap in the t-56 too?

Curious as to where in VA this might be... There aren't any good salvage yards anywhere up here.

it's a junk yard in roanoke VA, the guys name is witlow (same as salvage yard) but he doesn't advertise he's up on bent mtn and off in the back of the woods he just deals with totaled cars, crushes them and piles them up

BTW let me know if he comes across any LS9s or LSa engines :devil:

Yeah, i will definately ask him.... for everyone else that has asked me about parts i will be going upto VA within the first of the year to pick my engine up and what not but i have put in a phone call to my friend (well dads friend) and told him what i was looking for and he has a list of the things and is looking them up. he said he'd let me know what he finds for you all. of course that's also going to be at my discounted price $$$ = :M16:

• 3 months later...

So update on everything going on, i've got the engine sitting at my fathers house in VA, haven't been able to do anything with it since of course my DD is my SSS but guy at work is selling me his Piece o' Chit eclipse for 200 bucks (it runs and can get me to and from work daily) and he's mainly selling it because he bought a new GTI but hey it's a new DD, and gas friendly :) so now the build can start finally!