My Windows Roll Up Slowly....

tdiggs14

So I think there is not much electrical power in my truck. When I roll down the windows it travels at a decent pace. When I roll them up, especially when the truck is off, they travel very slowly and it seems like I have to sit there for like 30 seconds just to get the windows up. Then at night, after the windows are rolled up, I click the switch to act like I am rolling them up and it dims the headlights and back lights on the console until I release the switches. What is up with this?!?!

When your window tries to push up it is much more physical resistance than when it rolls down. When window motors are wearing they show by slowing drastically under resistance. The dimming of your lights is just your motor taking more amperage quicker than your alternator can charge it at that point in time.

the window run channels are dry. roll the window down and carefully squeeze a little bit of dielectric grease into the channel on both sides. (dielectric grease works great, and yes i know it is for electrical connections)

:withstupid:

Try this first, if it doesn't help, then it's a mechanical problem.

the window run channels are dry. roll the window down and carefully squeeze a little bit of dielectric grease into the channel on both sides. (dielectric grease works great, and yes i know it is for electrical connections)

Im pretty sure ive seen a TSB on something like that last time i stopped by my buddies bay at his work.

This fixed my slow window issue. In fact, its time for another shot...